Chapter 44 - finding him

Start from the beginning

Both of you already left the place, and went back to the gachinko fight club. Both arrived panting and out of breath from the recent sprint.

"Eh? Are you sure he's here?" Itadori asked while catching his breath.

"I'm not, but let's check." You began to wander around, feeling like he was somewhere nearby. As you passed by a secluded area behind the building, you caught faint sounds of muffled voices from behind it. You narrowed your eyes in suspicion and cautiously approached.

"Do you hear that?" You whispered and itadori nodded, sharing the same expression as yours.

"I do. Go check, I'll wait here to make sure no one catches you." Itadori squeezed your shoulder in reassurance, and you nodded in agreement.

The muffled sounds became clearer as you approach, and to your shock and disbelief, you saw a heated argument between kenjaku and an angry choso. Their exchange of remarks carried a heavy air of aggression and tension.

"I'll make sure to retrieve her life." Kenjaku's voice reached your ears. They clearly had just finished a fight or yet, and you can see the cuts on choso's robe and vest, wounds and blood around his face. You felt your heart sinking.

Soon, kenjaku's eyes darted into your direction. He noticed your presence behind a wall. With a self-satisfied grin, he pointed directly at you and gave a mocking wave. "Looks like you have a visitor, choso."

Choso quickly turned to see who had kenjaku been pointing out, and he narrowed his eyes into a glare, his expression quickly shifting into one of surprise. "Y/n!?"

You stood there frozen, and you desperately wanted to say something, especially since you finally found choso but... in a risky situation. 'Shit...'

You hesitantly stepped out from behind the wall and walked up to choso, but still leaving a couple feet away. You ignored kenjaku's presence, although you felt your heart racing. "Let's leave here now! " Your voice was almost like a whisper but enough for choso  only to hear.

His face went downcast, and there's a sadness and worry in his eyes which was fixated on you. Suddenly, choso walked up to you but maintained a small distance. He looked down for a moment before approaching you again, this time getting even closer.

"I'm sorry. You have to leave here!" He whispered and then he wrapped his arms around you, embracing you in a very tight hug.

You were caught off guard by that. You froze for several seconds and blinked "Wait, what do you mean? What happened?" You replied worriedly and in confusion.

"Kenjaku.. he wants convert the meaningful mark on your back. And i'm not allowing it." He trailed off and buried his face on the crook of your neck.

Your heart skipped a beat, pausing for a moment and you eventually hugged him back, your face was pressed into his chest. "Choso i-"

And that was cut off when kenjaku barged in "I already gave enough time. Now let's continue shall we?" His voice sounded menacingly with a hidden sarcasm.

"Shut up!" Choso snapped.

Kenjaku remained unfazed, then he suddenly bumped the two of you into separately, making you slide backwards away from choso "Damn you!" You grunted angrily.

Choso readid his stance and started firing piercing bloods at kenjaku, but that didn't last seconds when he instead decided to use combats fairly. Glaring at kenjaku's form "Quit living, just die!" His voice was harsh and bitter.

Kenjaku just chuckled, adjusting the thread on his forehead with a huge grin. "Too bad, i'm not gonna deal with you this time choso." His eyes darted at you.

'Now, don't you dare move a muscle at her.' Choso huffed.

"Y/n kugisaki. Want to say something?" He was grinning with his eyes close.

"About you? No. Not moving a tongue to an idiot like you."

"Great. Because i was talking about your last words."

Kenjaku's response made your face drop, your eyes was bore into his and he was still smiling as ever.

——————————————————————————

To be continued!!