𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 9

Start from the beginning

You laughed at that, "Obviously, I spend most of my time with you guys, you've seen me at my worst-"
A loud phone ringtone cut you off, catching your attention. "Oh, I'll be right back." Recognizing it as yours, you quickly stood up, excusing yourself from the room and leaving both Toji and Naoya.

Once you were fully out of the room, Toji stood up, giving his brother an incredulous look, "You couldn't be any more obvious." Despite all his menstruations, Toji was very observant, especially when it came to the prominent people in his life, not that he'd admit to enjoying your and his brothers company.

"Obvious? About what exactly?" Naoya feigned innocence, not liking how Toji was picking up on his feelings for you. He wasn't ashamed or anything, but he couldn't trust Toji as far as he could throw him despite the aforementioned man being his older brother.

He was confident in how he felt about you, he knew he was more than enough for you and he was just waiting for you to realize.

"Take this as a warning from an outside party, this will not end well for you." Toji stood up, staring at his brother who was still facing his computer, typing away.

He refused to acknowledge the nonsense Toji was spouting. What would he know about you? He doesn't spend the same amount of time Naoya does thinking about or being around you so there's no way he'd know more about you than he did.

"No response? Whatever, I don't really care what happens between the two of you." Toji scoffed, pulling the door open just in time to see you preparing to open it.

"Oh are you leaving?" You moved out of his way, giving him room to exit Naoya's room. "Yeah, I'd rather do shit else then watch the soap opera that's about to occur."

He was the one who watched and listened to you turn people down.

"Naoya?"

He was the one you spent the most time with. He was always there for you whenever you needed it.

"Hello??" You stared at your friend who seemed to be lost in thought.

He knew you inside out, he was sure of it. If anything he was only waiting for an ideal time when Toji wasn't around for him to make you his.

He was the one for you.

"(Name)? I love you." His voice was firm, his eyes now meeting yours as he moved towards you slowly.

"Oh, you're back from dream land! I love you too-" You were quickly interrupted, "I don't think you get it, I love you, as in I want to be with you."

You froze. He... what? Naoya stood firm in his words, staring at you so seriously you could feel the tension rolling off of him in waves. So much so that it felt real.

"HAHAHA WHAT?" You couldn't help but burst into laughter, "You're joking right? You can't be serious!" You continued to laugh, failing to notice how he clenched his fist tightly, his eyes shaking slightly as he watched you.

"I'm serious though. I love you, (Name)." Naoya didn't even have to wait for your answer, he knew you loved him back because to him, there was no way for you to not return his feelings, not after how much time he put into spending time with you.

Of course he hadn't had ulterior motives when he first met you, you were both children when you met. His first thought when he saw you was "Pretty..." because even to younger him, you were stunning.

From there he kept hanging out with you, wanting to do whatever you did and wanting you to keep giving him attention as his friend. He hated being around Toji, but he would do anything to spend time with you so whenever his brother was around, he'd suck it up and act like the model younger brother... well, as model as he could be.