Bucket List of the Dead

Start from the beginning

"Alrighty... With that done, time for my reward." he says as he opens the fridge and retrieves two cans of beer,"Here ya go, y/n." Akira throws the second to his sister, who catches it with one hand without looking up,"Fanks..." y/n muffles as Akira cracks open his beer and chugs it.

Y/n finally sits up and does the same as Akira, both of them letting out satisfied sighs as they somehow finish their beers simultaneously,"Hahaha! It's good! Really good! Who knew skipping work and drinking beer in the morning could taste so amazing!" Akira cheers happily,"Good, but not exactly healthy, Akira." y/n smiles, happy to see her brother back to his spirited self.

"Sis!" Akira suddenly pulls y/n in for a side hug as he shows off his beer to her,"This is holy water! No, it's the drink of the gods. The guilty pleasure of drinking on what would normally be a work day! The freedom from any work or obligations I had. Drinking beer on a weekday morning. If this isn't heaven, I don't know what is." Akira says with admiration and joy as tears rolled down his cheeks while y/n rolls her eyes at him,"You're exaggerating, Aki. It's just beer." she tells him as she crushes her empty can.

"Yeah, but I've missed it!" Akira cries out as y/n chuckles at him, bouncing slightly when her brother sits down next to her,"Now that I think about it, you're not exactly a beer or drinking person yourself, y/n. What's the deal?" he asks and y/n shrugs as she grabs the TV remote,"I figured I might share a bonding moment with my older brother, so I sucked it up. Beers are still too bitter and dry, though. I like my cherry beer more." she answers as she turns the TV on.

"Oh, would you look at that? LIVE news." she hums as Akira gets up to leans against the balcony, all while listening to the news report. Y/n frowns when she spots men struggling to keep the doors shut to keep the zombies out.

"What you are seeing now is aerial footage of Tokyo. Fires are breaking out all over the city, even now as I watch it happening, I-I can't believe this is all real. Even our studio is in danger of being overrun by workers who have turned into the living dead." the reporter yelps as the three men struggle to keep the zombies out,[They should've ran already. Couldn't they have just film somewhere safer? Also, there's a lot of equipments they could've used to defend themselves with. Geez...] y/n thought with both annoyance and sympathy.

"Internet and telecommunications are down and there's been no word from the government if help is coming anytime today! We don't even know if the government is functioning an-" the feed is cut off once a zombie sprang onto the reporter, leaving the message 'We'll be right back' on screen.

Y/n sighs at this as she does a silent prayer for the poor souls lose in there,"It's pretty bad out there, isn't it? I guess there's a worldwide disaster going on right now sending everything into oblivion. Wonder what's gonna happen?" Akira murmurs as he goes to take the last sip of his beer, only to find his can empty,"Who knows? All we can do is wait." y/n shrugs as she throws her empty can into the small trashcan.

"Yeah, guess you're right. And so, for us, today is Beer Day and only Beer day!" Akira cheers as he heads for the mini fridge,"So you better believe we're gonna stay put in my room with cold ones in hand." he says as he places his own crushed can on the coffee table.

"I don't know about you, y/n, but I'm gonna lounge around and embrace my inner degenerate! And enjoy a day off and spend three years in the making!" Akira adds as he yanks the fridge open, only to stare at the bare space with dread,"We're... Out!?" he makes a straining sound as y/n snorts of his dramatic self.

"Huh!? No way! B-But how!? They're all gone!? Don't tell me that was the last one left!" Akira frets as y/n clears her throat, catching her brother's attention before pointing at the trashcan filled with beer cans,"It was..." Akira sulks as he sadly closes the fridge.