just by texting her or calling her on the phone every day, brady was able to see all of this about her. her charm and wit radiated through the screen. maybe that's why brady just felt so connected to her and why becoming friends with her was just so easy. he couldn't wait to see her.

brady checked his notifications and responded to any messages he might have missed while he was asleep. it was late morning and he was expecting some people from his team to come to his room to help him get ready for the premiere.

as for eva, she was one busy girl. she was currently at the nail salon getting a new set of nails for the premiere. dylan's usually the one who drives evangeline to her nail appointments if he's free, so he was there in the salon too. but also because he was trying to convince eva to bring him to the family switch premiere.

"e, c'mon. i'm the one who drove you here today and i bet you're gonna make me pay for the nails too. the least you can do is bring me as your plus one." dylan tried to convince her. technically, eva could bring him if she wanted to. she was invited to the premiere by brady, but she wasn't necessarily his plus one. besides, her agent told her that she was getting an invite to the premiere anyway, regardless of brady's invite.

"dylan," she sighed. "we already hang out, like, every day and i bring you to every event. i just need this one event to myself."

"you're not even gonna notice i'm there." he countered. "i'll stay away from you, i won't even annoy you on purpose.

"you're only doing this because you wanna see emma myers." she responded.

"that's a valid reason though, you can't even lie."

she turned her head to glare at him while the nail tech continued to work on her nails. "do you even wanna watch the movie?"

"yeah." lie. dylan couldn't care less for the movie, but emma myers was in it and that boy loves her. and ed helms! dylan is a very avid watcher of the office. also, he just needed to have something to do because he couldn't handle being stuck in the house any longer. but he'd be willing to actually try and watch the movie. "and brady's in it. i wanna support your friend."

evangeline was shocked that he didn't even make fun of her when he brought up brady. he actually called him her friend and not her boyfriend! this man was serious. eva rolled her eyes and sighed in defeat, "fine. you can come with me to the premiere. but you can't make fun of me or bother me."

"deal." he raised his hand to high five his sister, which is something they always did when they reached an agreement or solution. he then realized that both her hands were being worked on, so eva lifted her elbow and he high fived that instead.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

evangeline stepped out of the car that took her and her brother to the premiere. the second the martinez siblings started walking on the carpet, fans started screaming and trying to get their attentions so they could autograph things. both were very overwhelmed by the amount of fans who were cheering just for them, but they tried their best to interact with the fans. they autographed whatever they could and took pictures with whoever they could before eva's manager ushered them farther along the red carpet.

eva began to be consumed by the flashes of the photographers's cameras. every one of them were yelling out her name, trying to get her to look at their cameras. her brother was a few feet away from her getting his pictures taken too. then, the photographers took pictures of the two of them together.

as eva walked along the carpet, her eyes scanned the crowds of people around her for xochitl or brady. she saw a glimpse of xochitl down the carpet laughing with somebody. evangeline picked up the pace in her walk to catch up with her. she grabbed xochitl's arms, which startled her. xochitl turned around and started laughing with eva as she hugged her as if they didn't see each other two days ago.

once they let go of the hug, evangeline's eyes wandered to behind xochitl and realized who she was talking to earlier: brady. eva's eyes lit up as the smile on her face somehow grew bigger. brady reciprocated the smile and extended his arms out for her. she walked into the hug as his arms wrapped around her shoulders. it was a quick hug, but when they released each other, both of their hands rested on each of the other person's arms.

"what's up, noon?"

"what's up, martinez?"

the cameras' flashes started to rapidly go off as they captured eva and brady greeting each other. because of how loud it was, brady had to lean down towards her ear. "you look great." he complimented her.

a natural blush replaced the powdered one she put on her face. she pulled away from him and looked at him up and down, "you look great."

due to the fact that they were practically getting blinded by the flashing lights, the two decided to pacify the photographers and pose for the camera. brady stood next to eva with his hand on her back and his other hand in front of him with his thumb, middle finger, and ring finger down. evangeline copied the pose with her hands as the photographers took pictures of them. every now and then brady's eyes trailed down to the girl who was still smiling for the cameras. he couldn't believe that he was in this position.

once they were done with the pictures, evangeline, brady, and xochitl headed inside the venue where brady's movie would be playing. inside, brady introduced eva to his brother, connor. she had no idea where her own brother was, but once she found him, she'd introduce him to the twins.

the four of them were engaged in a conversation until brady was needed on stage with the rest of the family switch cast to introduce the movie. eva, xochitl, and connor went to go find their seats.

everybody in the venue was settled down and the cast and crew of family switch were up on stage introducing the movie and saying a few words about the production of it. brady's eyes would examine every seat in the theater until his landed on eva's.

she sent him a smile. that smile was what kept brady's energy fueling. that smile would be his reward for getting through the introduction of the film. that smile was all he thought about while he was on stage. he has no clue how he was able to get evangeline to go to his movie premiere, but he thanked the lucky stars that she showed up.

ANGIE'S NOTES☺︎
me when i still don't know how to end chapters
and i got lazy towards the end 🤗🤗🤗

i also rewatched all of the hunger games movies
and it reminded me of how much i love finnick
🤞🤞🤞
literally my man i love him
+ peeta i love him too

anyway bye guys i love u
have an amazing day guys 🫶🫶🫶🫶