1 - 7 . Kill Barou: Vol. 1

Start from the beginning

"Um, yeah."

She noticed how down you looked and she laughed. "Let me do something. I'm sure I can fix this."

"Really? Thank you..."

"Anri."

"Thank you, Ms. Anri!"

"You don't have to call me that," she laughed, waving you off. "It makes me feel old, but thank you [l/n]." She put a hand to her chin thinking, "how should we do this?" She grabbed your arm looking at the pentagon. She began to mutter numbers and words far too complicated for you to understand while typing something on the computer. Then she grabbed a bizarre machine, hooking up its wire to the computer. She grabbed the QR scanner-like machine and brought it back to your ranking, supposedly scanning it.

"There! It should all be fixed."

You picked up the chair and sat next to her watching a pentagon slowly fill with blue. Once it was complete, you watched in awe as the 275 moved up to 270. So you were better than Igarashi.

"Congratulations [l/n]!" Anri sounded happy, clapping her hands together, giving you a smile that could rival Bachira. "Well, we're done here." she sighed, leaning back to try and stretch her back, and you were already saddened the meeting was over. She was probably the nicest person you met if you excluded Kunigami from the list. She picked up on the bittersweet feelings and gave you another smile and hand on your shoulder.

"I'm happy you warmed up to me [l/n]. You seem so stressed on the footage. Your speech is even more relaxed!" She gave you another laugh that made your stomach do backflips. "I'm better at reading people than I look. You seem like a good person [l/n], don't let your teammates get you down. Oh, and good luck in your next game with Team X."

You forced yourself back from tackling her to the ground and hugged her and let out how much of a horrible time you've had here. She seemed like such a genuine person; you wanted to see her again.

"Anri?"

"Yes?"

"Since we're friends now, you should tell me about Team X."

She gave you a funny look. Not at the fact you said you two were friends, it was the fact you wanted to know about your opponent.

"I don't think I can do that."

"But think about it. In the real world, you already know about your opponent. You look them up and know everything about their roster." you brought up a pointer finger to try and look smarter to her.

She looked at you like you had a point but sighed. "I'm only telling you this so you can go back to training..." she looked down and then up at you, "watch out for number 10. It looks like he's the heart of the team. Just observe him and find out how their team works."

"Number 10... thank you Anri!"

"Ah, [l/n]? One more thing." Before you could leave, you turned to look at her. "Don't let anyone let you down. I sincerely believe you have something in you. It's different from what I've seen. Don't let people who you don't care about take that away from you!" The way she was speaking was like she was talking to herself, not you. Like she was still angry about something that transpired before.

You smiled at her, a newfound purpose at the facility. You weren't going to let Anri down. Girls have to stick up for each other and help each other. Even if she didn't know who you were, she still stuck out a hand for you. You didn't want to let down her kindness.

With the information Anri gave you, it gave you something to work with. On the surface, it sounded like Anri had given you nothing to work with. A jersey number, his role, and what to do. Of course, her advice was like an iceberg. Seemed small and insignificant but so much more beneath. You hoped Anri believed you could decode her message if one at all.