~1~ Sleepover

"My heart is yours," he says as his lips pout up to mine. His brown eyes with hints of green, making it look look like a balanced ecosytem, squit as his fluffy eyebrows bunch up, turning to his forehead. He clicks his lips as he leans in closer. I give him a small chuckle, rolling my eyes with a playfull smile. I place my hand on his cheek, pushing him away.

"God that's such a cheesy line," I complain as my hand reaches to the plastic bowl sitting beside us, and throw a peice of popcorn into my mouth. He laughs along with me.

"But isnt it just so sweet?" he clasps his hands together infront his collar bone as he tilts his head to me, "To say that one person owns your heart. That they will only see you," his voice filled with love, and a hint of mockery.

I reply back to him with a small surprised tone, "Owns my heart? Kinky."

"Hey!" he shouts, shoving me by my upper arm as a short smile creeps on his face. I try to contain my laughter, holding my open hand close to my mouth. "I'm trying to tell you how the 'cheesy lines', are actually thoughtful," he follows up. He scoffs jokingly with a much more prominent smile now.

I can agree with him. I'm not saying any line from any movie ever is 'cheesy' or 'overused', but it's nice to hear anything else than...

"It was you! It was always you!" the TV blares out.

I glace back over to him raising my eybrows, giving him a look. He shoots one right back at me. I try my best not to laugh, West notices and starts to laugh softly, causing me to laugh harder. This only escalates to unciontrollable laughter with occasional, unintelligible words mixed in.

As our laughing dies down, he gets a notification on his phone, it's probably Edith. His great friend, who he's definitely not dating. By his reaction, it definitely is her. Probably her just saying goodnight with a heart made from a lesser than sign and a three.

West notices the time, as he takes a long, staggered breath, standing up slowly, his eyes not leavinbg his phone until he slides it in his pocket.

"Well, its about nine o'clock. I should be heading home,"

I sigh as well, "Right, no clidren of opposite sex shal hang out at night. For they will fuck if they are not under suppervision," I add a eighty-year-old lady accent.

"If only we could be alone and confess our undying love for eachother. Blessed with a full night of sexual itercourse," he mocks the accent as well.

I scrunch my nose, complemented with a soft chuckle, "Heh, gross."

He scoffed as if he was offened, "Well I never!"

I stand up to give him a hug with a fake kiss on the cheek. He waves as he exits the door, "Night, Ophelia."

"Yeah. Sweet dreams, West."

I keep smiling at the door, much after he left, and much longer than I should. It slowly drops and I turn around to lightly clean up the small mess we've made. I sit back down at the arm of the couch to finish the cheesy, romantic movie, nibbling on a the rest of the popcorn.

It ends with a kiss, and a happy ending, obviously. I clean up a little better before heading to bed, not to sleep. I stay up four hours longer, scrolling through my phone, leading the night on before I pass out, the blue light still shining for a minute or two.

I'm happy to have a friend like West, I hope he'll never leave.

An Off Coloured HeartOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara