Prologue

A burning village was seen as the demons and monsters reaped the village dead and blood ran red through the soil, as a boy was tearing up as he held an older man in his arms as he gave him his axe.

The scenery reverts before the destruction of the village.

In the peaceful village of Kalinga, nestled among tall green mountains, life flowed freely. Farmers and hunters thrived, basking in the protection of gods and the blessings bestowed upon them. Dumakulem, a seasoned hunter, returned home one day with a boar slung over his shoulder, his fatigue countered by a sense of accomplishment. But a peculiar energy lingered in the air.

Dumakulem: Magiting?! Are you here, Boy?!

As he was looking around for the boy, then from the roof came down a little boy and landed on the back of the man.

Magiting: Gotcha, Master!

Dumakulem, amused, laughed as he played along with the spirited boy.

Dumakulem: Ahh! A brave hunter returns victorious! Oh!

Dumakulem then fell on his back and the boy playfully stood proud.

Magiting: Yes! I have slain the beast that roams this forest, know all that I am Magiting! Warrior for the Gods and hunter of great beasts!

As Dumakulem stood up and looked at the boy, he then smiled at him with glee.

Dumakulem: Have you been playing with the village kids again?

Magiting: Yes, Master. We played many games while you were gone.

Dumakulem: Well that's good. Now, are you ready for training?

Magiting: (nodding excitedly) Mmhmm!

Dumakulem: Alright young one, get the training sticks.

Magiting then ran into the house, while his master watched as he ran.

Dumakulem: (laughs) He's like her.

*Snap*

A sudden snap echoed through the air, causing Dumakulem to tense. He scanned the surroundings, feeling an unsettling presence.

Dumakulem: I sense your presence in the shadows. Reveal yourself!

The rustling bushes heightened the suspense. Gripping his axe, Dumakulem stood ready for whatever lurked in the shadows. A mouse deer emerged, relieving him momentarily.

Dumakulem: (sighs in relief) I should've known.

Magiting came out and the atmosphere shifted. Dumakulem, sensing an unusual energy, instructed Magiting to fetch the training sticks.

Magiting: Master, I'm here.

Dumakulem: Okay, let's start.

Then the two began training, Magiting and his teacher then practiced their combat on tree bark, and Magiting where he struck the bark with his sword into making dents.

Magiting: HA! Yah! HA! Ha!

Meanwhile, Magiting and his master engaged in rigorous training, their strikes resonating through the air. Night fell, and as stars adorned the sky, Magiting shared a meal with Dumakulem.

Dumakulem: Magiting, you've grown strong, embodying your mother's essence every day as you have also taken your training very well.

Magiting: Thank you, Master.

Dumakulem: Every single day, you embody the very essence of your mother.

Magiting then remembered how his teacher said that he was like his mother everyday.