Very First Christmas

Comenzar desde el principio

"Didn't eat much, huh? Loadsa kids musta bugged their dads to put food out for him."

You put the carrot back down and pick up a little note left behind underneath it, waiting for Himiko to settle down next to you on the floor before opening it, just in case it was for her too.

'Star,
Thank you for my letter. I think I must have missed a few of your letters over the years!
To make up for the slip-up, I've made sure to leave you and your family lots of food and have given you a few extra presents this year.
Rudolph says a very big thank you for the snack you left him, too. I gave him a good hug for you, just like you asked.
Have a merry Christmas,
Santa.'

Your heart lifts up more and more the further into the letter you get, and you immediately fling around to give it to Dabi in your excitement. His eyes scan the letter quickly and he smiles the second he looks up to see your shining eyes.

"Tha's nice Star. Why don'tcha open the presents?" He asks, pulling forward a pile of gifts in red wrapping paper.

Himiko is already halfway through hers, giggling excitedly when she opens packets of makeup, hair clips, small plushies and chocolate snacks.
Atsuhiro, Spinner, Jin and Dabi all watch with coffees in their hands as you unwrap your presents carefully one by one. Santa bought you a sketchbook, some special charcoal pencils, canvases, new paint brushes and paints, as well as a small duck plush that matched one of the cat plushies that Toga received.
You spin to show Dabi that present too, in awe.

"How did Santa know I like ducks?!" You ask in amazement.

"The giant one you left lyin' around last night probably gave it away, darlin'." Dabi chuckles, taking the plushie from you and pressing it all over your face to pretend it's giving you kisses.

"Stop!" You whine, swatting at him, even though you're enjoying the attention.

"Did Santa do a good job then?" Spinner asks you while Himiko begs Jin to let her paint his nails later with the new set she got.

"He did!" You nod, taking the plushie back from Dabi and setting it between your crossed legs.

You were excited to use your new pencils, but you'd have to ask Uncle Giran how to use them properly first. You were also glad to have a new sketchbook after Uncle Jin ruined the one Uncle Giran gave you a little while ago.
Spinner grins, and Dabi ruffles your hair affectionately, putting his coffee down on a nearby table.

"You got a little somethin' from us all, too, princess." He informs you, pointing to a present tucked behind the tree. "Go grab it?"

You nod, carefully reaching behind the small scattering of presents still under the tree to grab the box Dabi had pointed to. Suddenly, all eyes are on you again as you set the box in front of you.

"You can open it." He says with an amused lilt to his voice.

You can't help but feel a little pressured with everyone's eyes on you as you carefully peel the present open. Dabi ends up rolling his eyes at your considerate unwrapping.

"You don't gotta be so precious about it, hon." He tells you, but you're distracted, because you'd finally peeled enough of the paper away to reveal the box.

Your eyes roll upwards to stare at them all in shock. There, clear as day written on the box, were the words 'Nintendo Switch'.
You had actually forgotten you'd even asked Santa for one, perfectly happy with what he had gotten you. But now you had one in front of you, you couldn't help but tear the paper off now to make sure your eyes weren't deceiving you.
They all chuckle when you do, Himiko coming to sit next to you again, showing just as much excitement as you as you open it up, revealing that it wasn't a prank, and there was a handheld console just like Tomura's inside the box.