2 ~ ❛ah, shit! I looked down!❜

There were three rules that Genevieve took away from the instructions; climb down the ladder, grip the pole in the mannerism a sloth would cuddle bark and, finally — and most importantly — don't fall off.

     Oh, and collect the star, obviously.

     So technically four rules, but whose counting?

     Additionally, Genevieve was thankful that the trail was in pairs and she was also grateful that Sam had been assigned as her companion. Someone to be terrified with her!

     "Out of all the colours, they made our safety suits yellow," Sam said out of nowhere.

     The comment was so sudden that Genevieve began coughing from how hard she was laughing, "That's what you're worried about?! The colour of your outfit...you were wearing orange a minute ago!" She exclaimed.

     Sam gasped dramatically, "You offend me, orange is the new black."

     "Orange will forever be the worst colour to wear!"

     "Yeah well you know what the colour orange has done for you," Sam pointed, a sense of smugness warping his words.

     Genevieve enjoyed the mans company and humoured his statement, "What?"

     "Taken your mind off the situation."

     Her jaw dropped and a little scoff tumbled from her lips, "Sam you're smooth; Smooth Sam."

     "I thought it was quite clever," Sam nodded — rather proud of his actions, like a puppy after successfully catching a treat in its mouth.

     After a few more teasing words, the duo was brought over to a set of cameras, a sight Genevieve was too familiar and comfortable with. They were questioned on how they felt in that moment.

     "You know, it's only a hundred foot tall podium connected together with metal bolts and clogs — no biggie whatsoever."

     "She says sarcastically," Sam chuckled from behind her.

     "I'm a thousand percent serious," She said wittily; he hummed, clearly not being fooled by her words, "I do feel fear slowly spreading throughout my body but, I just have to keep it together—"

     "—for my sake."

     "—for his sake, otherwise he'll panic and scream and cry," She teased cheekily, "And then we'll both be crying and we won't get any stars."

     Genevieve discovered that it was so easy to be herself with Sam, even though they'd know each other for a solid thirty minutes, because he didn't expect anything grand from her — unlike arrogant celebrities she'd encountered in the past. Gen could allow her smile to blossom instead of suppressing her grin in order to not draw to much unpleasant and unwanted attention to herself. 

     "On a more serious note though; it is high," Sam pursed his lips after taking another glance off the edge.

     "It is high," She agreed, although her head was half in game, the other side part of her mind was worrying about the upcoming ten minutes.

     With final words of encouragement and anxiety shared between them, Sam and Genevieve slowly made their way over to Ant and Dec — alongside Danielle and Fred, who were participating in the trail first.

     And with the pressure of only having three minutes to complete the challenge, Genevieve refused to considered the possibility of failure.

     "I've got good news for you," Ant mentioned quickly, "Your time doesn't start until you've reached your pole."