2 | BISCUITS & BOXES

𝘾𝙀𝘼𝙎𝙀𝙍 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙇𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙍!

LOTTIE was all dressed and ready to go when her father emerged from his bedroom, clearly not as alive as she was. It was quite a contrast, Lottie in a white A-line dress with pastel flowers embroidered on the hem that hit just above her knees, a pale blue blazer, and 4-inch matching stiletto heels, and natural makeup and Ted in his wrinkled cotton t-shirt, flannel pajama bottoms, rustled up hair, and a sleepy expression.

After seeing the model that was Rebecca Welton, Lottie reckoned she wouldn't get dress-coded as long as her skirts weren't too high. She would have followed a dress code, of course, but she was glad that she was allowed to dress her own style. Considering everyone else, including Nate, was taller than her, and that just wouldn't do. She had completed her surgery final in heels, and she would handle football players just the same.

"Mornin', Daddy," she greeted while sipping a cup of lemon tea. Lottie was a tea person through and through, which her father didn't understand as he thought tea tasted like dirt in a creak. "You ready for your first day?"

"That I am, Lottie Lamb," Ted replied with a new pep in his step. "You're up early. Usually I have to yank you out from under the blanket."

"I'm just excited. Now go get changed and I'll grab you some breakfast." Lottie grabbed a box of cereal of Shredded Wheat and a bowl while her father got changed and ready for the day. She was already sitting at the table with a glass of orange juice waiting for him. "And I got the treats packaged and ready to go." She patted the small pink box sitting beside her on the kitchen counter.

"Thank you, sunshine," he said as he sat down. He had changed into a pale blue button-down layered over with a blue knit sweater and khakis. He took a seat beside her and poured the box. Out plopped one large wheat cereal into his bowl. Lottie and Ted frowned at that, having expected more of smaller dimensions to come out.

Lottie poured herself some cereal, and a matching wheat brick plopped in her bowl. "Oh, my," she giggled. "And I thought America was the one who had big portions."

Ted and Lottie ate the brick, which was easier once softened with milk, and finished their orange juice. By the time they were done, Beard was waiting for them outside.

"Mornin', Coach," Ted greeted as they left for their first official day as the new coaches AFC Richmond. Both of the men had backpacks strung on their backs while Lottie had a light pink purse to carry their things.

"Mornin', Uncle Beard," Lottie smiled, seemingly more awake than the two men.

"Morning, Coach, Lottie. You wanna grab some breakfast?" he asked.