VIII

A/n~ I'm such a simp for Maekar's and Alicent's perfect relationship.

The halls of the Red Keep was abuzz with whispers and murmurs as the news of Lady Alicent's betrothal to Prince Maekar spread like wildfire through the Seven Kingdoms. The tension in the air was palpable, for this union would not only shape the fate of two noble houses but also have far-reaching consequences for the realm.

Rhaenyra stood at the center of the commotion. Her heart ached with a mixture of heartbreak and jealousy as she learned that Alicent, her childhood best friend and confidante, was to marry her beloved older brother. Rhaenyra had harbored secret feelings for Maekar for years, but her hopes of being with him were shattered in an instant.

As the reality of the betrothal sank in, Rhaenyra's eyes filled with tears, threatening to spill over. She fought to maintain her composure, but her emotions were overwhelming. It was then that Visenya found hee.

Visenya, with her silver hair cascading down her back, wrapped her arms around Rhaenyra and held her close. She could feel the storm of emotions raging within her sister, and she knew the pain Rhaenyra was experiencing.

"Rhaenyra," Visenya whispered softly, her voice filled with empathy. "I know this news is difficult for you. But remember, you are a Targaryen, and our family's strength lies in unity."

Rhaenyra's tears flowed freely now, her sobs shaking her fragile frame. "I can't bear the thought of him marrying someone else, especially Alicent," she choked out, her voice trembling with anguish.

Visenya gently stroked Rhaenyra's hair, her touch soothing and comforting. "I understand your heartache, dear sister. Love can be a complicated thing, and sometimes, it forces us to make difficult choices."

Rhaenyra lifted her tear-streaked face, her eyes searching Visenya's for solace. "What do I do, Visenya? How do I overcome this pain?"

Visenya's eyes sparkled with a mix of compassion and wisdom. "You must find strength within yourself, Rhaenyra. Focus on your duty to the realm and to our family. Your love for Maekar may be unrequited, but you have a destiny that goes beyond one man. You are destined for greatness."

Rhaenyra took a shaky breath, her tears subsiding as she absorbed Visenya's words. She looked up at her sister, a glimmer of determination in her eyes. "You're right, sister. I cannot let this heartbreak define me."

—————

The streets of King's Landing were alive with bustling activity as Lady Alicent and Prince Maekar strolled arm in arm, their faces adorned with smiles that betrayed the joy in their hearts. The news of their betrothal had spread through the city like wildfire, and the common people couldn't contain their excitement and well-wishes for the couple.

As they walked, the sound of cheering and applause filled the air. The common folk, recognising the Lady of House Hightower and the Prince of House Targaryen, gathered around them, eager to offer their congratulations and blessings.

"Congratulations, Lady Alicent! You've won the heart of a prince!" a middle-aged woman exclaimed, her eyes shining with admiration.

Alicent blushed at the kind words, her cheeks turning a delicate shade of pink. "Thank you, my lady," she replied with a gracious smile. "I am honored to have the love and support of the people."

Prince Maekar, standing tall and regal beside her, acknowledged the crowd with a nod and a warm smile. The commoners, normally in awe of the royal family, felt a genuine connection as they saw the happiness radiating from the couple. They couldn't help but feel a sense of hope and joy for the future of the realm.