“Okay!’ Su Xiu nodded, brimming with confidence. “Right. Should I continue making steamed cakes?”

Yes, you may, but you can’t make too many; you won’t be able to handle everything by yourself. Su Qing and I won’t be free to help you…” Su Wen paused mid-sentence. She frowned and fell into deep thought. After a while, she said, “I have a suggestion.”

“I’m listening.”

“You asked He Yulan to help you with those steamed cakes before – I think it’s a good idea. He Yulan is a good person, and she would be a good helper.”

Read latest Chapters at Wuxia World . Site Only

“But…” Su Xiu hesitated. “Is that a good idea? What if…”

ell into deep thought. After a while, she said, “I have a suggestion.”

“I’m listening.”

“You asked He Yulan to help you with those steamed cakes before – I think it’s a good idea. He Yulan is a good person, and she would be a good helper.”

Read latest Chapters at Wuxia World . Site Only

“But…” Su Xiu hesitated. “Is that a good idea? What if…”

“It’s fine.” Su Wen knew what was on Su Xiu’s mind. She knew plenty of cases whereby business partners would turn on each other for profit. There were many cases where one party gobbled up the whole business without leaving anything for the other. While Su Wen had said He Yulan was a good person, it did not necessarily mean she trusted her. The sale of steamed cakes was not a long-term career in Su Wen’s eyes, so they would not lose much even if she betrayed them.

It was just a small business that was profitable now. She did not plan to continue it for long.

Su Wen had suggested He Yulan because she genuinely believed she was a decent person with sufficient connections to those around her. He Yulan’s husband and three brothers shared a good relationship, with her mother-in-law being someone Su Wen considered fairly smart. It would do them good to rope their family into the business.

He Yulan would be a good partner..

Chapter 187: I Can’t Count
Translator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio

“Big Sister, let me help! I can help Third Sister.” Little Sister Su chirped, raising her hand and waving it around enthusiastically. “You don’t have to look for He

Yulan. I can do it. ”

Little Sister Su stared at Su Wen expectantly.

Su Wen rejected Little Sister Su’s aid. “You can’t. School starts on the 1st of September. ”

“I can help Third Sister before I go to school. Big Sister, please let me help!” Everyone had been assigned a role but her. She did not want to be the only one without anything to do!

“You have to learn how to read before school starts. You have to learn how to add and subtract up to 100.” Little Sister Su was stunned. “Big Sister, I… I can’t even count to a hundred.”

“How far can you count up to?”

Twenty!” Anyone in the village who could count to twenty was already very smart in Little Sister Su’s mind.

Su Wen took a deep breath and told herself not to be too harsh. She had to understand why Little Sister Su was so far behind. “Counting up to twenty isn’t enough. You need to learn to count to a hundred before school starts.”

The village had no kindergarten. Little Sister Su would have to enter first grade without prior schooling.

Keeping up with her classmates would be problematic if Little Sister Su had no firm foundation.

Transmigrated  As The Ex-Wife Of A Heroic Man जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें