Introduction

The cherry blossom cascaded, surrounding me from my broken heart. In the rain of dancing petals, I cried, always alone the gentle warmth of the sun in the spring. Summer's light through the trees, the bright glow of autumn through cloudy skies. The morning sun on winter's snow *young past miyo disappears into thin air*, no trace of light ever found it's way to me. Happiness felt like a good thing for me, always beyond my reach. Every brief hope would vanish before my eyes, *a single petal falls into miyo's hand burning into ashes making her gasp in shock and sadness*. Everything was meaningless, but it all changed when I met him.

There was a river with beautiful trees and bushes, when a voice suddenly yelled "what is this?!" kaya said, throwing the tea cup and making the tea spill on the floor and all over miyo. "It's bitter! You brewed it for too long!" kaya yelled at miyo, who just bows her head looking sad, "I am so sorry" miyo says. "You apology means nothing" kaya says harshly to her, as her mother speaks up looking at miyo in disgust. "Miyo, how long to intend to stay down there? Go and re-brew it at once", "yes right away" miyo says, standing and grabbing the tea tray while kaya and her mother look at her with hatred. "Excuse me" miyo says, closing the shoji lightly, "Goodness! She can't even make tea properly, miyo is a saimiri like me, so shouldn't she at least be embarrassed? " kaya said in a bratty tone and laugh.

"It's no wonder the incompetent girl shares any relation with you, kaya. She is useless just like the wretched mother of hers" her mother says angrily. "Kanoko, please darling, don't blame me the past is dead and gone, let's leave it at that" miyo's father says, ending the conversation. Miyo heard everything on the other side of the door miserable about what she just heard, sadly walking away to go re brew the tea better for kaya and her mother.

After a few hours of doing chores, she walked outside and heard two people gossiping about marriage arrangements for kaya and herself, as they were around that age to get married. As she is sweeping the outside a voice calls out to her "tending to the yard again miyo?, you hard work shows" miyo stops sweeping and turns her head seeing koji and she smiles, "hello koji" miyo says blushing a little making koji smile. "How are you?, our fathers are having an important meeting today and I decided to tag along" koji says as miyo nods slightly, "yes of course you are always welcome here" miyo says giving a small smile.

"Well, I tagged along because I figured we could maybe hang out" koji says, scratching the back of his head shyly and blushing. They sit on the gazebo together enjoying each other's company. "Hey, put your hand out" koji says, lightly shaking a box. "What are they?" miyo asks in interest, "they're milk caramel's it's a chewy candy" koji says, handing her one. "When I had them for the first time, they just melted in my mouth" koji says, eating his chuckling happily, miyo looks at hers, eating it smiling. "Mm" miyo says, looking at koji, who laughed lightly. "I'm glad you enjoy them as much I do, I got the from my big brother who knows all the trends" koji says.

"They are just as good as you said" miyo says smiling, "If you ever want more I can get you more whenever you want, anything to see you smile more" koji says making miyo blush again. "Koji, I am so grateful for you" miyo says, looking at the trees, and koji looks at miyo and says with confidence and hope. "One day I'll help you escape so I can the smile on your face more" miyo looks at him lightly, chuckling, "but you always make me smile koji" miyo says.

After they were done talking, it got dark outside, and while the crickets were chirping, miyo was cleaning up while kaya asked her father if she could get a new kimono for school and he said yes. As miyo was about to leave with the tray of dishes, her father spoke up, stopping her in her tracks "miyo" he says as she turns back to him. "Yes?" miyo says,"What do you normally do around noon?" he asks as miyo stutters a bit. "Oh...that's the time I do my cleaning" miyo responds as he nods, telling her to be ready tomorrow at noon, she nods, sliding the shoji shut and walking down the hallway.

While getting ready for bed putting her night clothes on, miyo can't help but wonder why her father asked her to be ready tomorrow. As she climbs into the ragged broken bed on the floor, it's never a good thing in this house besides she is always here. She goes under the covers and heads straight to sleep cause she has a lot of chores to do in the morning when she wakes up.