1 | LOTTIE LASSO

𝙅𝙀𝙎𝙐𝙎, 𝙈𝘼𝙍𝙔, 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙁𝙐𝘾𝙆𝙁𝘼𝘾𝙀 𝙅𝙊𝙎𝙀𝙋𝙃!

⎯ ◆ ⎯

"This is a bit of surprising news from the other side of the Atlantic. AFC Richmond announced the hiring of their new manager, one Theodore 'Ted' Lasso.

Recently, it was Coach Lasso leading the Division II Wichita State Shockers to their first ever national title in American football. He took the shockers from a garbage program all the way to the promised land in his very first season as head coach. But for a lot of us, that's not how Ted Lasso found his way into our hearts, certainly not into our living rooms.

For me, it will always be Ted celebrating a moment of joy with his team in a way that you really have to see to understand. And then, even if you see it... I don't necessarily know that understanding is what we're doing.

Right on, Ted. Do your thing, man. And good luck with the most beautiful game. Do us proud. Go 'Murica."

⎯ ◆ ⎯

"OI, mate, is this you?" Ted Lasso glanced up from his book to see a man standing before him in the airplane aisle. He thrust his phone into his face to show him a news article about Richmond hiring a new manager.

From the middle seat, a petite blonde in white sweats and a pink sweatshirt took off her headphones at the commotion. With piercing blue eyes and a bright smile, she leaned over her father's chest to see. "I believe it is, yeah," she confirmed with a heavy southern accent when she noticed her father's face in the article. "Look, Daddy, you're in the British headlines. Already makin' waves."

"Oh, man! Legend!" The man threw his arm over Ted's shoulders and dropped to his knees to he was eye level with him. "Can I get an ussie?" Ted nodded with a smile and took a photo with the man, his daughter watching proudly beside him. Moving to England was a drastic change for the father-daughter pair, not to mention that they would have to adapt to another, less familiar, version of football. "That's dope," the man said after snapping a few photos.

"You know, back where I'm from, we call those selfies," Ted told the man, his smile turning up the edges of his bushy mustache.

"Well, it's not 'myself,' yeah? It's 'us,' innit? 'Ussie,'" the man replied a bit snarkily. His attitude did nothing to affect the pair's happy mood.

"Yeah, I like that," Ted said before turning to his daughter. "What do you think, Lottie?"

"I quite like it," she agreed. "Man, I love the way y'all talk over here. I've always said that British accents were the most attractive. Although, Scottish comes a close second, I reckon."