"How about you take a look through the file while I tell you about it?" 

"Fine with me" Penelope opened the file and the first thing she saw was 'Death Is The Only Ending For The Villainess'.  What is this?

///                                                                                                                                             "To start off, we have the reality of 'The Lady's Love Love Project'. It is a popular otome game in another reality where you are playing it. In the normal mode, you are playing as the youngest daughter of the Ducal household whereas in the hard more, you are playing as the villainess in the previous said normal route. Both routes aimed for the same goal which is to win by collecting 100% affection points. At least one love interest in the game is required to have full affection points for you to succeed.  

You managed to cleared out the normal mode in one sitting and decided to give the hard mode a try but to no luck you always died as the villainess. It is to take note that in the normal mode, you were already given few affection points while in the hard mode, you have to start with 0% or -1% affection points.

Now this is the part where you have to pay attention to, Penelope. 

While playing the hard mode, you took notice on how the life of the villainess has somewhat uncanny similarities to your own life in that reality. It was not a good kind of similarities. 
The villainess and you lives the same kind of abusive and neglectful family environment as an adoptive daughter. 

You both are not acknowledge as a 'family' to them. The brothers are abusive. The father is negletful. Each day under the same roof of them felt like a hell hole. 

You felt empathectic towards her as you could understand what it felt like. Hours of trying to not die as a villainess slowly make you feel drowsy. In a brief moment of it, you have wished and I quote 'I'm going to restart. Until the villainess ending is not death anymore.'  and fell asleep. When you opened your eyes again, you have became the villainess, Penelope Eckart."

"Now here is the reality I'm in charge of! The reality of 'Death Is The Only Ending For The Villainess'!" Alice beamed.

"The task is to make the characters reflect on their actions and to promise to treat our MC with much more care, in another word better! Before they go back to their reality." 
///

"Any questions?" 

"A lot actually " Penelope a bit baffled with all of this newfound information.
"I wanna ask, how is this related to me? I doesn't mean it in a bad way. It's just from a logical stand of view, the 'me' you are talking about is 'me' from another reality. The reality before her isekai."

"Shouldn't she be much more fitting for this task? What I'm trying to say is, she would be much more of a better choice since she could relate to the life of this game villainess thus doing a better job. So why me?" Penelope looked at Alice.

"Exactly, so that's why she was the one that Isekai and not you. To put it simply, that Penelope is like the one on the frontier and you are like the support? As a support, you are another fraction of the same soul as that Penelope and also the Penelope in the game. Each Penelope has their own reality. The game Penelope. The Isekai Penelope. And now you. This reality we are now is your reality isn't it?"

"Huh?" What is she even talking about now?

"You know parallel universe?" Alice asked, trying to think of a reference to give her.

"Yeah, I watched Marvel" Penelope responded.

"Think of it as the Isekai Penelope asking for help and we are one of the universe that willing to help her."

Penelope's went 😮

"So now that's out of the way, what you need to know is that, we are the support. The game Penelope is the fallen one. And the Isekai Penelope is like the current main one. Do you get it?" Alice doesn't give up and properly explain everything.

"Not really but yeah" Penelope nodded.

"Okay, good" Alice breathed out a sigh of relief. That's better than she understands nothing right?

Alice adds more. "And the reason why our universe helps out is because you have your soul matched for 97%. That's quite the number!"

"And what is this soul match percentage thing?" Penelope asked.

"It is the percentage of the soul compatibility and success rate. The higher the number the better and the minimum is 60%. There's not much information about it but it has been used as a reliable indicator since. Especially when we are dealing with isekai related reality. Does that answer your question?"

"I guess. It doesn't really make sense to me still" Penelope got up from her chair and flopped down on her comfy bed. Alice did the same.

"One day, I came back home from buying groceries and now I'm somehow related to universal bussiness. It's not that I don't trust you, it's just that it's quite hard to wrap it around my head."

"One way or another you play a major role in this Penelope" Alice reminded her. Penelope replied with a simple, "Hm".

"You could think of the Penelope in that reality as your younger sister maybe? Or maybe like your younger self?" Alice goes on with her words.

"Maybe, Idk" Penelope doesn't flat out reject the idea.

"As I mentioned before Penelope, the Penelope in that reality doesn't live a good life. She got abused. Before and even after her isekai. It was miserable. We must help her" Alice said more seriously.

"Why you sound like someone who just got his project rejected?"

"Cause you are not agreeing either."

"I never rejected you."

"Then agree and promise to help her."

"I promise I'll help, don't worry" Penelope flipped through a random page of the file. 

"Though I'm not sure just how I'm gonna be of help-" Her speech stopped. She reads each of the words written on it until she can't bear to do so anymore.

"Alice, explain this to me now."

To be continued...