"Morning sunshine!" she said. "Aren't you a sight for sore eyes?"

You couldn't help but blush at her comment. Sigewinne really had a way with words.

"Good morning, Sigewinne," you responded, stretching. "Thank you for taking care of me."

"Of course! Now that you're better, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave because I got a looong lineup of patients and I need your bed specifically right away."

You looked around the room and didn't see anyone else. The other beds were all empty too. "Um... right."

"The Duke has summoned you to his office," Sigewinne added with a slight smirk. "Go to him directly, and don't let anymore guards push you around. I don't want to see you here again unless it's for gyno purposes."

You blinked awkwardly. You didn't even want to know what Sigewinne meant by that. You quickly gathered yourself and made your way to Wriothesley's office.

You knocked on the door.

"State your name and business," came his stern voice.

"It's (y/n). You wanted to see-"

Before you could finish your sentence, Wriothesley had already opened the door. He looked down at you, as though examining every inch of your body to make sure you were not injured.

"You look great... I mean, you look better. Looks like Sigewinne worked her miracle as usual."

When the two of you made eye contact, you both immediately looked away at the same time. Your heart was beating fast for some reason. You wondered why you had been summoned.

You followed Wriothesley up the stairs and you returned to your usual spot on his couch, taking a seat.

Wriothesley sat down at his desk, appearing a little awkward. Now that you were here, he was becoming flustered all over again. Seeing you seated on his couch reminded him of his dirty thoughts from before, and he realized those thoughts were surfacing again.

He cleared his throat and began to speak. "I asked you to come here because... there's something I want to tell you."

You straightened yourself in your seat and gave your undivided attention. You had no idea what he was about to tell you, but you were intrigued.

"First, I just want to preface everything by telling you that I don't judge you... It would be hypocritical of me if I did."

Your eyes widened and your jaw dropped. What did he mean by that? Did he not care that you had killed someone?

Wriothesley continued to speak. "I... myself..."

He trailed off, wondering how much he should share.

"You don't have to share anything with me if you don't want to," you said quickly. "To be honest, I'm just very relieved that you don't hate me."

"I don't hate you. Not one bit. I'm obviously curious, because I know there's always more to a story. And I also know that Neuvilette wouldn't have sent you down here if he didn't have some kind of inkling. Normally, from what I hear, murderers in the overworld are sentenced to death. But instead he sent you here to me. Why do you think that is?"

You lowered your gaze and stared at your hands now. "The Iudex is a kind man. While everyone else wanted me executed, he alone  stood up for me. Even though I was found guilty."

Wriothesley raised a brow. For some reason he felt a little jealous listening to you talk so fondly of Neuvilette. He cleared his throat, signalling you to continue.