"gladly."

he then turned to eden.

"we're done, eden. i'm packing my shit and leaving tomorrow morning. don't you ever try to contact me ever again." he pointed.

and then, he turned around and went inside to go clean his shoes.

eden turned to taylor.

"i hate you!" she exclaimed.

she then punched taylor right in the nose, causing her to fall to the ground.

"what the hell!" taylor exclaimed.

"okay, alright. come on, let's go." jeremiah said and grabbed eden. "conrad, you're driving, you're our dd."

jeremiah took eden to the car and conrad turned to taylor.

"good luck getting back to the house."

he then walked to the car where jeremiah had taken eden.

he helped jere get a sobbing eden into the car, then drove them home.

🌊

conrad and jeremiah took eden up to her room, removing her shoes and placing her in her bed, under the covers.

jeremiah kissed her on the forehead. "goodnight, sis."

"night, jere." she whimpered.

conrad gave her a sad smile.

"will—will you stay, connie?" she asked.

"'course i'll stay, edes."

he crawled into bed next to her.

"i feel so stupid." she said before crying again.

"you're not stupid, eden."

"and i'm a crybaby too." she added.

"eden. stop." conrad interrupted. "you're spiraling. look, kissing steven may have been a mistake, but that's just it. a mistake. you don't need to be so hard on yourself. i know you hurt jace and you feel like shit for it, but please don't beat yourself up. you're a good person, eden. a really good person. and you're not a slut. he's an asshole for even thinking to say that to you."

"that's the thing. i don't think it was a mistake and i don't regret it. i think it happened for a reason. i don't know. i think i should just go to sleep."

"okay. goodnight, edes."

"goodnight, connie. i love you."

"love you more."

she closed her eyes and after a few minutes, she was knocked out.

after making sure she was asleep, conrad kissed her forehead and quietly left the room, leaving her to sleep.

🌊

eden woke up the next morning with a pounding headache and a horrible feeling in her stomach.

dread and sickness.

she got up and almost tripped and fell.

she looked at herself in the mirror and saw how horrible she looked.

she cleaned up her face and put on some comfy sweats.

after letting out a breath, she slipped down the stairs.