Chapter Twenty-Six - Louis

Start from the beginning

Harry nodded.

"I still do, but also this, working for the big shot, getting to see these runways. I mean, like, this is such a big deal. My photos are gonna be in magazines, Haz. Magazines. I think... like, I still wanna start my own business, but I think I'll wait a bit? Take up a job here for a few years first. Hans says I have secured a place on their team, so... yeah." He let out a sigh. "What do you think?"

"First of all," Harry said, "what I think doesn't matter, this is about what you want."

"But I value your opinion," Louis said, pecking Harry's lips. "Like, a lot."

Harry chuckled. "Alright, alright. Secondly, then, I think it's a great idea. And a great opportunity, love. You're bloody shining when you come home from work. You really seem to love it."

A soft feeling settled in Louis' chest. He must have been smiling a lot, because Harry asked, "What got you so happy all of a sudden?"

Louis wet his lips. "Just the way you said 'when you come home from work.'"

Harry blushed. "Well, you tend to drop by often after work, so it was just that—"

Louis cut him off with a kiss. "Harry, Baby, relax. I liked it."

"Yeah?"

Louis nodded. "Everywhere... everywhere I am with you feels like home to me."

"Oh."

Louis nodded, his bottom lip sucked into his mouth. "Is that a weird thing to say? Or is it too soon? It kinda feels too soon. I'm sorry, I shouldn't—"

"Hey." Harry placed a finger on Louis' lips. "Love, you're rambling."

Louis blushed. "Sorry."

Harry chuckled. "For the record, I don't think it's too soon. Or weird. I think... I just think it's us. And that's something I quite like. Us. We are us."

"You always know just what to say," sighed Louis, resting his cheek against Harry's chest. The flowers from the bouquet were right under his nose and inhaled. "These smells so good."

"I made them just for you," Harry said. "You like them?"

Louis nodded, burying his face in Harry's coat. "I like them a lot. Thank you. I'll put them in a vase the minute I get home to our apartment."

Harry squeezed Louis' hip. "Alright, Baby. Do you want me to stay for a bit? Or do you need me gone to be able to concentrate?"

"I would like for you to stay a bit," Louis said. "If you want to. I can show you the photos I took?"

Harry grinned, kissing the crown of Louis' head. "That sounds absolutely amazing."

Louis beamed.

Louis settled into his chair, transferring the pictures from his camera to his laptop. Harry stood next to him, giving his opinions on each photograph—and the outfits the models wore. Harry, Louis learned, was very interested in fashion.

He supposed there were still things he could learn about the man he loved.

He couldn't wait to discover all of it.

"I'm getting my second paycheck soon," Louis said as he swiped away from the last picture. "I wanna take you somewhere. For a weekend. If you want, of course. Consider it an extra long date."

Harry pursed his lips. "What do you have in mind?"

"Well, I've actually been Googling a bit, and there are these rental cabins not that far away from Manchester, out in the forest, near a lake and all that shit, they have kitchen, bedroom, bathtub, the whole cosy-package. We could go there for a weekend to just relax. Cook together. Go on walks in the forest."

Harry wet his lips, wriggling his eyebrows. "And loads of sex?"

Louis rolled his eyes fondly. "Yeah, that too."

"I really like the idea of that," Harry softly said. "But we are splitting the price."

"Then I wouldn't be the one taking you," Louis said, a pout creeping onto his lips.

Harry shrugged. "Yeah, but even with this fancy job you ain't rich, love. Let's split it, yeah? Please."

Louis shook his head lightly. "God, I..." He trailed off. The words that always lay on the tip of his tongue were ready to slip but not yet. Harry deserved it to be romantic.

"God what?" Harry asked, grinning.

"You're just quite amazing and I'm lucky to have you," Louis softly said. "Like... so, so lucky."
Harry pecked his lips. "I can only say the same."

Butterflies expanded their wings in Louis' stomach.