𝔽𝕆ℝ𝕋𝕐 𝕊𝕀𝕏

Start from the beginning

With that, JJ walking into the event pretending as one of the waiters there when he steals a tray and couple of glasses the found just to make it looks more convincing. He walks pass one of the security, mumbling something to the man in a black suit but he just ignored him which he’s grateful for.

As soon as JJ made it into the crowds, his eyes quickly searching for Sarah. He found the Kooks first, seeing Rafe, Kelce, and Topper drinking around each other. He looks away, averting his eyes to another spot before he found Sarah and Hope dancing with each other, twirling and laughing in joy.

His lips tugging upwards as soon as he catches the red strands of her from the crowds, he can’t take his eyes at how beautiful she looks like in the blue dress.

How her face lighten up while moving her body around along with the music, she looks ethereal. He wants nothing than come up to her and kiss her right there, right away in front a lot of the Kooks. He couldn’t care less about what’s the consequences later.

The most important thing is, he wants to rub it all over Rafe’s face when he actually pulled that action. Who cares if he’s got a matching suit with Hope? Who cares if they’re going together? It was him that be able to kiss her, not Rafe. He can’t help to feel bitter when he saw the matching dress and suit they both had on.

That asshole, trying to take Hope from him.

But when JJ is about to make a move towards Sarah, someone pulls him from behind causing him to tense up, he really thought that he’s busted. He calm down when he finally takes a fully look on who it is, he lets out a breath of relief with a hand on his chest.

“Dude, don’t sneak up on me like that right now” JJ warned him while he’s letting Pope to drag him out from his mission.

Pope ignores the rambles and quickly pulls the blond into a bone crushing hug. JJ lets out a grunt at how hard Pope is squeezing him. He’s in a stun for quick seconds, not expecting the action from the boy.

“Whoa. Unexpected PDA there, Dr. Spock” JJ said, patting Pope’s back before he slowly leaning away and places a kiss on his cheek “But, uh—hey, love you too, man” he states, smiling.

“Dude, I’m sick over all this shit, man” Pope said, looking tense. Ignoring the humour coming from JJ, he doesn’t think now it’s the right time for any of that.

“You’re sick? You don’t seem sick” JJ putting his hand on his forehead, like he’s taking his temperature.

“I’m sick on the inside” Pope swats away his hand, sighing a little at the unserious behaviour from JJ when he feels like he wants to throw up right now.

“Right. Well, I already knew that” JJ states, looking unamused also guilty.

“Did Shoupe do that?” Pope continues, pointing at all the bruises and cuts on his face. The last time they saw each other, there’s only cut on his lips from the previous fight they had with the Kooks.

“Oh, this? No. This is—It’s my dad. You know? Has that right jab” he shook his head, humorously tells Pope about what happened “Can really snap it off at times” he continues, but Pope already has horror expression written all over his face.

“That looks like more than a jab, bro”

JJ hesitates a little, almost like he’s holding off his tears “It’s nothing that hasn’t happened before”

That only making Pope to feel bad even more. He knows about his home situation, he knows how shitty is his dad is. And he also knows that JJ is in this state because of the fall he took for him.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have let you take the fall for all this. It’s my fault!”

“No, it’s not” JJ shakes his head, disagree with him.