Chapter Twenty-Five - Harry

Start from the beginning

Louis wet his lips, nodding. "Sounds great. Can't wait."

"Oh, and I forgot to tell you," Harry smirked, "we have a cat."

Louis let out a gasp. "Harry!"

Harry giggled. "She's nice, I swear."

Louis pursed his lips. "You've made me like cats."

Yep. Harry was definitely head over heels in love with the boy before him.

* * *

They stepped off the train at Kings Cross Station, and the first thing Louis said was, "So where is Platform 9 ¾ ?"

Harry kissed him.

"That's not an answer," Louis grinned.

Harry wet his lips, smiling softly at him. "No, but I just really like you." Understatement. "And we don't have time to see that now, love, my parents are waiting by the parking lot."

"I know, I know," Louis chuckled. He slipped his hand into Harry's, their fingers intertwining. He squeezed. Harry squeezed back.

They began the walk toward the parking lot, and the nervousness that had settled into Harry's bones all day ebbed away. It would go fine because Louis was Louis, and Louis was the most amazing person Harry had ever encountered.

Louis though, seemed to only grow more skittish. He had his bottom lip sucked into his mouth, his free hand playing with his backpack's straps.

"Hey, it'll be alright," Harry said. "Remember? You said so yourself."

"Yeah, well, I'm a liar," Louis said. "Well, about this. What if they hate me, Harry?"

Harry rolled his eyes fondly. "I don't think anyone could hate you, love."

"Oliver does."

"Well, are you planning on hitting my family in their faces?"

"No."

"Then you'll be good," Harry assured. "Trust me. They already adore you."

Louis exhaled. "Thank you."

"Still nervous?" Harry asked, smirking.

"God, you know me so well. Yes."

Harry kissed Louis' temple. "I'm lucky to know you, yeah."

They neared the parking lot, and Harry almost immediately spotted his family's car, because outside it were all of them. With... balloons, and a speaker playing "Happy Birthday" loudly. Harry's cheeks turned red, all the way down to his neck, and he stopped dead in his tracks. "You've got to be shitting me."

"What?" Louis asked, looking over the parking lot. "Is something wrong? What—Oh, is that... them?" A small giggle escaped Louis' lips. "That's so cute, oh my God."

"No it's not cute," hissed Harry. "What the fuck is that?"

"Baby, it's adorable," Louis said, trying to stifle his laugh. "Now come on. They'll notice us soon."

"Now look who is in such a hurry," Harry said, pouting slightly.

Louis shrugged. "I think this is very amusing."

"God—"

"There they are!" called Harry's mom, having finally noticed them. "Hazza, my darling, welcome home."

Harry's face had never before been that red. Anne walked over to them, two balloons trailing after her. Gemma and Robin stayed by the car. By the looks of it both of them were having a hard time containing their laughter.