𝟭𝟭. 𝗖𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗖𝗿𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗼𝗼 𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗹

Start from the beginning

How 'my thoughts will echo your name until I see you again' coded that sentence was. How adorable.... Heather presuming my name is seriously 'Taylor'.

" How about right now? " I offered. 

" Sure! " Heather set down her Harry Potter book down on her desk and focused all her attention on me and only me. Perhaps this is the start of a timeless friendship I'll forever cherish for the rest of my life!

~ f l a s h b a c k   o v e r ~

No one knows much about how Heather is doing now. In fact, no one knows how Heather is holding up. The only reason I know is due to the fact that I may have sort of stalked some form of social media of theirs and it seems like they're happy somewhere else.... somewhere without me in it.

I get so sick of myself of how I can't stop reminiscing. No matter what I do, I just can't seem to forget too well. I feel another song coming.... I think I'll call it 'Bittersweet, just like this feeling.

( 2nd Verse )

I've been an empty void before

No, it's nothing new

Oh, I've gotten used to surviving without you

But it's no life like it once was

When I was naive, couldn't depart wrong from right

Didn't comprehend real love

Depths of the waterfall, just crying

You were always there, back when you cared

I was your everything

Now I'm someone you've learned to live without

I bet you're better off now . . .

( Chorus )

Do you miss me? Like I miss you

Call it bittersweet, all so blue

Eternal misery for all I never told you

My waterfall, I love you

( Bridge )

Our small talk didn't last long

I know I made it seem

Like my life's complete

With you forever leaving

But it's not like that anymore

After your sudden departure

Ever since July 31st

Life suddenly became worse

For what it's worth

I still wish you'd come back to me

Present Day... ( Heather's POV )

Born and raised in that little town in L.A., it was like I once had an empire due to the way I was greatly perceived as the 'Golden Girl'. Constantly being praised for all my good grades and admired accomplishments, I was held up so high through their eyes. I used to be cheered on, up until I sacrificed my own mental health in order to always please others except myself.

Eventually, I couldn't handle all the substantial pressure placed in and I burst, falling down from the grace they expected from me. Years later after I've overcome the worst, no one wants to know me now...

I loathe visiting this small town that once was my home sweet home. The only reason I even bothered spending this Cruel Summer here is because Emma rarely has the chance of ever communicating with me in person. I know that it pains her, so I'll put in the effort. After all, she is my best friend; the one I love and care for the most.

I still don't comprehend exactly why Emma is even so fascinated by me, when all I've ever done these past few years is immensely let her down. She's the only one that doesn't look at me like I'm a monster.

After my foes and friends watched my reign end, you'd think that she'd move on the way that they did. Instead, she was determined to see me again, regardless of how long that would take. Trust me, I'm grateful for this third opportunity, but I don't think I deserve it. Not with the way I harshly ghosted her for two and a half years...

" Ahhh, you're finally here! " Emma beamed a smile, darting right towards me and helped out with my suitcases.

" Ems, you really don't have to help out with that. I'm sure that Drew wouldn't mind carrying them. " I suggested.

" Oh, but I'd love to carry them for you! " She broadly insisted, walking right beside me.

I hesitated to concur. " Well, I'd hate for you to do so but... if you insist. " I felt flattered by her willing generosity towards me. " So, what do you want to do this summer? "

Emma's eyes blithely widened as she spoke in a lighthearted tone. " Spend every second with you of course! "