Chapter 23: Glimpse into the Future

Start from the beginning

"You, my darling, will age beautifully. Just like I knew you would." Narcissa complimented her daughter-in-law. Zoe blushed and hid her face.

"Well, that makes sense." The girl from earlier said.

Now, it was Albus Severus' turn, he walked swiftly to the front of the stage. "Albus Potter." The hat was placed on his head – and this time he seemed to take longer – almost as if he too is confused. "SLYTHERIN!" There's a silence. A perfect, profound silence. One that sits low, twists a bit and has damage within it.

"Slytherin?" The same girl said.

"Whoa! A Potter? In Slytherin." A random boy said.

Albus looked out, unsure. Scorpius smiled, delighted, as he shouted across to him. "You can stand next to me!"

"Right. Yes." Albus said, thoroughly discombobulated.

"I suppose his hair isn't that similar." A boy whispered.

"Albus? But this is wrong, Albus. This is not how it's supposed to be." Rose said.

"It's not wrong. If she really cared for him, she would support him." Regulus said.

Albus stood next to Scorpius, scared of how his family would react. Scorpius, seeing his new friend upset, decided to cheer him up. "Why don't you meet my mum? She was in Slytherin." He suggested. Albus was hesitant. "I promise, it'll make you feel better." Albus nodded. Once the sorting was completed, Zoe stood and began her speech.

"Welcome all. Congratulations to our new students on their sorting. I promise to keep this short, because I know you are all anxious to begin talking and to eat the delicious feast our House Elves have prepared lovingly for you. All of you have been sorted into the Houses based on your personality traits. If anyone does not believe they are in the right House, come to my office after the feast and we will discuss it. There is no password, you may simply enter. The Forbidden Forest was once a dangerous place but now, students may enter as long as they have permission and they remain to the path set in front. This school does not allow any bullying whatsoever, anyone found bullying, especially because of someone else's house, will be punished accordingly. Don't worry, the punishment won't be severe, students are given three chances. If all three chances are wasted, the student in question will be expelled. That concludes my speech, if anyone would like to talk to me, may come up to me. Enjoy the feast." The feast commenced. Scorpius grabbed his new friend's hand and pulled him towards her mother.

"Lovely speech." Lucius said.

"Mum!" Scorpius smiled as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Hello Sweetheart." Zoe smiled.

"I made it to Slytherin." Scorpius said, proudly.

"I know. I'm so proud, regardless of which House you were in." Zoe said. Albus looked down, not sure of how his family would react. "Mum. This is Albus." Scorpius introduced him.

"Albus Potter." Zoe said. "I'm Lady Zoe Ollivander-Malfoy, Lady of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Ollivander and Malfoy. As well as many others, but I won't name them." She joked, making Albus smile. "What's wrong, Albus? I saw your reaction when you got sorted."

"I don't know how my family is going to react when they find out. I'm scared." He whispered.

Harry hated that his son was afraid of his reaction, he lived through that with the Dursleys, it was something he never wanted for his children. He made a list in his head. One: Find a new wife. Two: Rename our second-born. Three: Make sure that our children know that regardless of what house they are sorted in, make sure they know that I will always love them.

"That's understandable. But... there is something you should know about Slytherin."

"What's that?" He asked.

"Slytherin will always have your back. I've made it my mission to fix the issues caused by Headmaster Dumbledore..."

"Dumbledore? I'm names after him. My father said that he was one of the bravest men he knew, along with the other man, I'm named after."

"Who's that?" Zoe asked.

"My full name is Albus Severus Potter." The smile from Zoe's face down for a slight second before moving back to a smile.

"That's a long story. But... should you find you need an escape from your family... my doors are always opened." She promised.

"Why would you do that?" Albus asked.

"I've made sure that all my students are aware that I will be there to protect them if needed." Zoe smiled.

"You're an amazing Headmistress, mum." Scorpius smiled at his mother.

"Thank you sweetheart." Zoe smiled at her son.