𝟬𝟬𝟰 dungeons & dragons

Start from the beginning

"Will, it's so early," Mike complained.

"Is it? Is it early, Michael?" Will asked, his brows furrowed. Lucas and Mike shared a similar look of confusion and annoyance. "Tell that to the villagers crying for your help, the children so frightened, they cannot sleep. Are you truly going to let them perish or are you going to come to their rescue and become the heroes you were always meant to be?"

Lucas raised his hand, "Uh... can I at least take a shower first?"

"There is no time for showers! The villagers need you!" Will denied. Danny slowly started to get up, wanting to get out before he couldn't. "Now, are you going to let them perish or come to their rescue?"

Lucas and Mike shared another look before sighing and standing up. Mike grabbed a half-empty can of soda, chugging it down before going over to the table. Danny started to move toward the stairs until Will stopped him, "Not so fast, Daniel!" Danny sighed and threw his head back. "We need another brave soldier to defend the villagers! Do you accept?"

Danny slowly turned around, "As fun as that sounds, I gotta get to Scoops Ahoy. My dad and Robin will kill me but to be honest, I'm more afraid of Robin than my dad, so —"

"Nonsense!" Will shouted, shaking his head. "Come, sit!"

Danny looked at Lucas who was smirking at Danny, looking smug. Danny glared at him before slowly going over to the table. Will brought another chair over and Danny sat between Lucas and Mike. Danny sighed as Will sat down at the table. Will grabbed the Dungeons and Dragons book, looking happy. Danny hated being at Scoops Ahoy sometimes but all he wanted in that moment was to be at Scoops Ahoy in the backroom, reading comics and sketching.

🎸🤍

Danny, Will, Lucas, and Mike had all been playing Dungeons and Dragons for the last three hours, and Danny was ready for death. He was fully ready for the Grim Reaper to take him from the suffering of Dungeons and Dragons, and drag him off to hell. Danny didn't necessarily hate Dungeons and Dragons but he didn't necessarily like it either. He knew for a fact that he hated how long the game was. There was absolutely no reason why the game should last as long as it did. Danny understood that there was a whole campaign to plan and a whole storyline to go through but did it have to take several hours? He thought that was a little dramatic.

As the thunder and lightning clapped outside, Danny sighed. If he had left earlier, he could've avoided the storm but now, he would have to ride home in the rain without a hood. He had his leather jacket but it didn't have a hood. He would ask to borrow a hoodie from Mike but he knew that Mike's clothes would be too small for him.

"Do you hear that? It sounds like... thunder," Will said in a hushed tone. Danny listened to thunder outside and the fake thunder in the music that had been playing for the last few hours. "But, no, wait, that's not thunder. It's... a horde of juju zombies!" Will threw the playing pieces on the table. "Sir Mike, your action!"

Mike sighed and turned to Lucas, "What should I do?"

Lucas shrugged, "Attack?"

Mike shrugged as well and picked up the dice, "Okay, I attack with my flail."

Will watched what number the dice landed on, "Whoosh! You miss. Your flail clanks the stone, the zombie horde lumbers toward you, and..." Will rolled a die again. "... the juju bites your arm! Flesh tears! Aag! Seven points of damage!"