𝟬𝟬𝟮. 𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲

Start from the beginning

jax, a shrewd businessman, had transformed his construction company into a force to be reckoned with. over the past seven years, their endeavors had reached heights beyond imagination, building hospitals, clinics, multiple ranch homes, stores, luxurious residences, and even venturing into the picturesque landscapes of aspen and vail, colorado. his dedication and expertise had propelled the family into a realm of financial prosperity.

sofia, adalie's mother, added her own touch of sweetness to their lives. the owner of a bakery in the charming town of silver falls, sofia's entrepreneurial spirit had flourished with the support of jax. the success was evident in the expansion of their bakery empire, with a second shop now gracing the streets of vail, colorado. despite their wealth, the presley's remained grounded and compassionate.

the deep-rooted friendship between the presleys and the walters, spanning back to their college days, showcased the genuine bonds that went beyond material success. katherine walter, george walter, sofia, and jax had forged connections that stood the test of time. after graduating, the presleys had briefly ventured to boston to raise their children, adalie and stefan. however, life's twists led them back to silver falls, colorado, when jax seized a significant construction opportunity that propelled their fortune even further.

the luxurious facade of the presley lifestyle was merely a backdrop to the genuine warmth and caring nature that defined family. the crestone model home, with its stunning features and breathtaking views of the ranch, symbolized not just a life of opulence but a testament to the resilience, hard work, and enduring friendships that shaped the presley family's journey.

adalie's expression shifted from confusion to surprise as she beheld cole outside her window. "cole? what are you doing here?" she questioned, a note of genuine bewilderment in her voice

his response was a teasing grin. "what, not happy to see me?" he bantered, his tone playful, masking a deeper purpose.

as the initial confusion lingered, cole revealed the true reason for his unexpected presence. "you get a boyfriend and suddenly you forget what today is?" he remarked, a twinkle of nostalgia in his eyes.

today was cadalie day— a tradition that had taken root two years ago during their sophomore year. it was the friday before thanksgiving break, and on cadalie day (which veronica came up with the name), cole would pick adalie up from school, much to her initial dismay given her own car, a black cadillac ct4. after school, he'd drive her back home so she could change, and together they'd head to his parents' ranch house, conveniently on the way to her parents' ranch.

the highlight of cadalie day was a journey to their secret place— the meadow field. a place where they had their first kiss at 10 years old and then at 15. they would spend the entire afternoon there, immersed in the beauty of the ranch, only returning for an early thanksgiving dinner. adalie usually spent thanksgiving in boston with the fishers, making this dinner a cherished prelude to the holiday.

"thought you'd forget about it, seeing as erin doesn't like you hanging out with me." adalie remarked, a hint of skepticism in her tone.

cole, undeterred by the mention of erin, responded with playful teasing. "now why wouldn't she like you?" he inquired, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

meanwhile, adalie's thoughts echoed with a more profound truth. maybe because i was another one of your on-and-off again victims. she mused silently, the weight of their shared history casting a shadow over the banter.

but then, as if to dispel the lingering tension, cole continued with a statement that carried an unexpected sincerity. "nobody can keep me away or make me forget about my favorite girl. let's go, meadow." he declared, using the nickname that held a special place in adalie's heart.