Scarred

“Tanner?” I called out, rounding the corner of the decaying living room.  Shafts of moon light were drifting through the roof guiding my way.  “Tanner this isn’t funny.  You know we came here on a job.”  A tiny sack of dust was in my left hand, closest to the rotten wall, my blade in my right hand ready to use it if need be.  My movements were careful now, quiet, planned.

I could feel the formation of little bead of sweat along my hair line.  Wiping it away I pushed aside my red bangs, so as to get a clear view of the setting before me.  Claw marks along the walls and gashes in the floor.  My heart began to race and I turned to run for the door, something here wasn’t right.  The marks on the wall started radiating heat, the gashes below me were widening and glowing red.  I screamed out.  The world around me was turning to flames and ashes and I was stuck in the midst of it all.

Then, all at once, I was awake.  No fire.  No claw marks.  No rotten house. Just perfectly painted white walls and an open window, blowing in a soft breeze from my backyard, from the small forest that surrounds my house.  I was alone.  My heart beat returned to normal and the adrenaline in my blood faded away.

“Nightmare Jennifer?” the emotions and tension came back like a surge of electricity.  I jumped off my bed and reached toward my white nightstand for the safe sack, only to discover it wasn’t there.  I straightened up stiffly and turned to face the man behind the voice.

Silky smooth pearl white skin, crystal blue eyes, and blonde blonde hair.  Looking at him you never would have guessed that he was a cold-blooded murderer, but rather a charming young teenage-boy.  Sadly, he was both.  Taking a step toward me, I took one back, he advanced and I continued to retreat until my back hit the wall and I could feel his breath on my face and neck.  I was helpless.

“It’s ok Jen.  You’ll be ok.” It was scary how caring he sounded.  The last thing I saw was his hand reaching up. I felt it make contact with my cheek before my body went limp and my mind went black.

A/N: So...I'M BACK!!!! With a completely new story I might add :)) feedback would be greatly appreciated loves <3 I love you guys!!!

xxx

Kayt