"Put yourself in my shoes, maybe then you will understand"

"The safety of this family is my responsibility Connie, if anything happens to you and the kids it will be on me. I made a promise to your family that I will keep you safe. I know you're not supporting the taxi business but don't let that shadow your reasoning" He picks a bottle of water in the fridge and walks out. He's going to his gym cave.

In that same moment Celiwe walks in followed by Donovan. Her eyes are red, it's clear she's been crying "Should I murder him?" Connie says pickings a knife. Celiwe smiles faintly.

"Not yet. We fixed things. I'm going back home" She looks very drained.

"Are you sure?" She nods.

"Alright then, I cooked. I'll make a takeaway for you"

"Thank you" she says with a smile and disappears to the bedrooms.

Donovan sits down.

"If you continue like this, you will lose something valuable over nothing. You really disappointed me because I thought you were over the stage of wanting to please your parents. Even after what they did, dropping you like a bag of weed, you still run after them seeking their approval. I don't understand how you think honestly" Donovan heaves a sigh.

"Owning that company has been my dream since I was young. Everything I did, the career I chose. It was all to prove to my parents that I can do it. I dedicated my life to pleasing them. And now, finally, my father is giving me a chance. I'm tempted but I love Celiwe. I don't want to leave without her. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place"

"Make your choice or lose both. But I will tell you one thing, that woman loves you. Your parents have disowned you multiple times. they are probably flashing this gold to your eyes because they can see you can survive without them which they didn't expect. Celiwe has been with you through the roughs. She's a very strong woman, don't be a fool and lose her because the next man who catches her will hold her dearly and you will never find a woman like her again. I take you as my brother now and I will hate to see you destroy your life over nothing"

"Thank you. I'm not messing up this time"

"Good"

*
*
*

"Dr Nkosi, welcome to Sunshine Elangeni, we have your booking, is there anything else you need?" The receptionist asks handing him his room card and a booklet.

"I will let you know if there is" he says with a smile.

"Alright- ...Oh Dr, My computer tells me you booked for two or we made a mistake?" The receptionist asks looking at her screen.

"No no. The booking is right, she will be joining me tomorrow"

"Oh Alright. Enjoy your stay, if you need anything just pick the phone"

"Will do, Ngiyabonga Nkosazane" he says and walks into the elevator. He taps the card, the elevator closes and takes him to the floor of his room. He steps out dragging his luggage. He inserts the card at room 128 and it clicks opens. He steps inside the fancy room and begins undressing.

He takes a shower and walks out with a towel around his waist. He grabs his phone and dials her number. She picks up on the second ring.

"Dr Nkosi, I was about to call you" he chuckles.

"You can't lie to me Nolifa, You should know that by now?" she giggles on the other side. She sounds happy than usual. This mysterious guy must be doing things right "I want to see you" he says

"See me? I'm can't drive to Johannesburg. I thought we'd do everything on the phone"

"I just arrived in Durban"