Chapter 13 - Plenty of Room

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Harry Potter! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates every Saturday!
—————————————————————

Once Harriet's heat came to an end, Tom woke to find her packing early one morning.

He sat up in bed as he narrowed his dark eyes and asked, "Sweetling?.......Where are you going?"

"Oh, good morning, Tom." Harriet blinked as she looked over, "Did I wake you?"

"That's not important." He glowered as he resisted the urge to growl, "Tell me.....Where is it that you're going?"

"Well, my cycle's ended." Harriet shrugged, "I suppose I'm going home."

Tom gnashed his teeth, furious Harriet Potter had the audacity to consider leaving his bed after the incredible week they'd spent together.

Instead of raging, Tom slapped a mournful frown on his face as he pouted, "Harriet........Have I not been a good lover?"

"No.....No, that's not it! You've been brilliant!" She cried defensively as she stretched a hand out towards him.

"Then why on earth would you want to leave your warm nest for a cold, empty bed?" Tom asked with a sigh as he bit back his own anger.

"I......" Harriet began before she narrowed her emerald eyes, "Tom.....were you really serious about what you said? About us living together?."

Tom cast Harriet an innocent frown as he coyly decided not to reveal his true feelings all at once.

Despite his dangerous obsession with his beloved, the genuine sentiment he held for Harriet prevented him from shackling her to his bed for the rest of her years.

"Of course......" He breathed as he closed his dark eyes, "Forgive me, sweetling. I hope I haven't offended you."

Harriet frowned as she sat down on the side of the bed and spoke, "You haven't offended me, Tom......Surprised me a bit, that's all."

"Having you in my arms has been unbelievably sublime." He confessed with a smile as he opened his eyes and met her emerald gaze, "Considering the circumstances, I would be deeply honoured if you chose to keep my home as your own, at least until our child's birth."

Harriet's mouth dropped open for a second before she promptly shut it and asked, "Do you really mean......for me to move in here, then? Really?"

"Why not?" Tom smirked, "There's plenty of space here for you and our little one. You could even have your own room if you like, though I would be more than willing to continue sharing my bed with you, Harriet."

Her cheeks pinkened as Tom chuckled, "It would allow me to stay close as your need for assistance increases."

"Tom, we don't even know yet that I'm......that I'm....." Harriet began to say as she cleared her throat.

Despite their week filled with romps, kisses, and cuddles, for some reason, the word "pregnant" seemed too intimate to be spoken outright.

"If you're not....." Tom began as he clasped one of Harriet's hands in his and gently stroked the back of her knuckles, "Then we'll have to try again, which would be much easier if you were already here......All of that fretting done this past cycle over timing and journeys wouldn't be repeated."

Harriet considered Tom's words for a long moment as she looked down at their entertained fingers.

He drew a hopeful breath once her gaze moved to meet his with a resolute smile on her lips as she said, "Alright, I suppose we could give it a try, at least for a little while."