𝟭𝟵. divide the constant tide

Start from the beginning

     "'70 Plymouth. Her name was Letty."

     This time, Josephine had to clench her fists until it turned white to keep herself from doing something rash. She wasn't so sure how long she could do it. Because she could tell by the way Fenix's body shifted ever so slightly that he knew what Dom was talking about. Letty had been here. It made her sick to know that her friend had stood in the same place as them but knowing it was her last time━Josephine had to stop before she could get even angrier. 

     "And somebody wrecked her car."

      "I wrecked her car." The smugness in Fenix's voice made her shake on her feet. Not from fear. But from the anger. The audacity that he emitted for doing that to her friend. Her sister. He began taunting Dom, not realizing he was making another Toretto mad. "You remember her face? Huh? 'Cause I don't. Last time I saw it, it was burning."

     Brian seemed to notice that Fenix had flicked the safety off his pistol and Dominic looked down at the man's hand. He didn't look afraid that Fenix was going to shoot him. Then Dominic's gaze flickered toward Josephine whose lips quivered with anger, and Brian realized something. The Torettos always have something under their sleeves━some kind of secret weapon. They always have a way for anything, and if they don't, they will find a way. Getting stuck in a situation was not an option.

     "Now what?" Fenix demanded lowly.

      An unnerving smirk slowly slipped on Dominic's face. "I'm going to enjoy what happens next."

     Then a loud explosion completely took them off their guards. Josephine didn't have time to think, and neither did Brian, as their bodies flew over the ground from the impact of the explosion that came from the Chevelle. They had to scramble away from the row of cars before the rest of them blasted into flames from the amount of NOS they had inside. Her throat closed up, watching her Honda burst into flames before blowing up into smithereens.

     Her wide eyes quickly searched her surroundings, trying to gather herself as her ears rang from the loud noise. Then she saw Brian fighting off one of them as he stole the rifle from the guy. He used the body as a platform and began firing the weapon in the direction of Braga's men. The sound of bullets made her completely change her demeanor and went to seek her brother amid the chaos.

     One of them blocked her on the way, and Josephine had to dodge his punch before his fist struck her face. She tackled him with her whole body, the man hitting his head on the hood of the SUV. His hands suddenly gripped her hair and a yelp escaped her mouth when he kneed her on the nose.

     All she saw was a blur for a second before Josephine retaliated. She gripped the hand that held her head and proceeded to use her knee and hit his groin, the man doubling back in pain. She proceeded to grab him by his hair and forcefully smashed his face on the corner of the car and stumbled back when he blindlessly batted her away.     

     "Josephine!" Brian yelled across her, still on his chest on the ground with the rifle in his hands.

     The Toretto girl abruptly looked in his direction, her nose dripping with blood, the substance tasted like metal in her mouth, which she spat on the floor. She didn't look like she was backing down any time soon. Then his eyes turned wide and he didn't hesitate to shoot the guy she kneed in the groin when he was about to launch at her again. She glanced at the dead guy, breathing heavily, and sent a nod of appreciation at Brian before she dashed toward her brother again.

     Dom was fighting off a couple of Braga's men. He barrelled through them with punches after punches. Then somebody decided to shoot him, the bullet barely fazed him as it struck his shoulder blade. He slowly turned around, looking rather furious that the man who shot him looked terrified out of his mind as he reluctantly lowered his gun. As if he suddenly thought it would be no use against him.