𝟎𝟎𝟖. 80s night

Start from the beginning

"Hey, guys!"

Robby, Sam, and Clementine swiveled towards the sound of Demetri's voice, discovering him proudly displaying Mr. Miyagi's Medal of Honor. Sam's gasp cut through the air as she eagerly took it from his hands. "Oh my god, we've been searching everywhere for this!" she exclaimed with genuine excitement.

Clementine's brows knitted in a subtle expression of doubt. Her gaze shifted to Robby, who met her eyes and winked, simultaneously putting his finger to his lips, signaling discretion. Clementine bit her lip, fully aware that the medal hadn't magically appeared under a rock; Miguel had returned it. As Sam marveled at the rediscovered medal, Clementine couldn't help but feel a twinge of unease at the unfolding charade.

───────────

ROBBY WALKED INTO THE ROLLER RINK HAND AND HAND WITH CLEMENTINE. Sam found herself in the unintentional role of the third wheel as Robby swung their hands together. Robby, with a playful grin, remarked on their costumes, "Wasn't too sure about Sam and mine, but yours definitely takes the cake. Baby from Dirty Dancing? That's epic." Clementine reciprocated his grin, nudging him in the side, "I knew you were gonna love it!"

Sam clicked her tongue, injecting her playful opinion, "I still think you should've embraced the synergy and dressed up like Andrew McCarthy or, at the very least, Duckie." Robby responded with a playful eye roll as the trio leisurely made their way into the building.

"Come on. With this hair," he defended, "Spader was my only logical choice." Laughter echoed between Clementine and Sam as they walked side by side. "Just admit it, Rob. You're Ducki—" Clementine's sentence was abruptly cut off by a firm shove to her shoulder.

She turned to see Blaire Nichols. A sinking feeling settled in Clementine's stomach, casting a shadow over the lighthearted moment.

Blaire emitted a light scoff, arms folded defiantly. "Well, well, look who it is," she remarked with a hint of condescension. Clementine, taken aback, found herself momentarily speechless, lips parting in disbelief.

Tory, tray in hand, approached the scene, whispering discreetly to Blaire, "Hey, Blaire... what are you doing?" Her hand gently rested on Blaire's shoulder, an attempt to defuse the brewing tension. Tory's dislike for Blaire's unwarranted animosity towards Clementine was apparent, and she wasn't one to stand idly by when her friend was being targeted.

Blaire's response was a piercing glare, met with widened eyes from Sam as Tory entered the scene. "I didn't know you worked here," Sam voiced, genuinely surprised, while Tory responded with a casual shrug. "Yeah, well, not all of us get to use daddy's credit card," she injected with a hint of bitterness, casting a shadow over Sam's face. Clementine, sensing the discomfort, awkwardly shifted her weight, rocking back and forth on her heels. "Look, we're just here for some fun, Tory. No trouble intended," she explained, attempting to diffuse the tension that lingered in the air.

Tory and Blaire's gazes shifted towards Hawk and Miguel as they gracefully skated over. "Hey," Blaire greeted with a smirk, cupping Hawk's face and engaging in a rough, passionate kiss. The display prompted a disgusted scrunch of Clementine's nose, who observed the scene.

Meanwhile, Miguel, seemingly indifferent to Blaire and Hawk's intense kiss beside him, peered over them to address Tory. "What time do you go on break? I wanted to time it out, so the fries are extra crispy." he asked, his attention oblivious to the fact that Sam, Robby, and Clementine were standing right in front of them.