PROLOGUE

I walked excitedly, holding a cake and present, to the park where I was going to meet him. It was our 100th day as a couple, and I was eager to see what he had planned for today. Kim Eun-woo is not only my first boyfriend but also a childhood friend, along with his twin brother Kim Tan, Choi Young-do, Myung-soo, Lee Bo-na, and my twin sister Rachel Yoo.

The seven of us met at one of my family's events, though we didn't initially hit it off as friends. The Kim brothers and Young-do formed a close-knit group, while I bonded with Lee Bo-na and Myung-soo, who are both enthusiastic and contagiously joyful.

Compared to my sister, who remains cold and distant whenever someone tries to befriend her or even approach her. Everyone is intimidated by her demeanor, but she isn't as harsh with me. Well, maybe a little, but we're sisters, and we have a love-hate relationship.

I didn't get along with the Kim brothers or Choi Young-do until middle school when I became their tutor. The three of them were constantly getting into trouble and neglecting their studies, resulting in poor grades.

At first, I was scared since they were notorious for bullying students they deemed unworthy of attending our school. I found this behavior very rude and cruel. Occasionally, I would try to intervene, but Bo-na and Myung-soo would always pull me away and scold me for it.

When our homeroom teacher assigned me as their tutor, only Eun-woo showed up with his cheeky personality, which I initially disliked. However, after that first tutoring session, he wouldn't leave my side. He was always following me around at school, looking at me with those innocent eyes that I eventually grew fond of, and constantly asking me to go out with him.

When he first asked me out, I looked at him strangely, wondering if he was joking. But he proved his determination to court me, which I didn't agree to at first. Over time, I became so taken with his genuineness that I agreed to date him without telling my parents. Eventually, I befriended the other two, and the rest is history.

~~~~~

I waited for him at the park for hours, glancing at my wristwatch to see that it was 5 o'clock in the evening. Shivering in the cold winter air, I took out my phone to check for any messages from him, but there were none. I decided to call him to find out what was causing the delay.

My phone rang and rang with no answer. I called twice, but it went to voicemail, making me worry that something bad might have happened. He's never late for our secret dates; he's always on time and usually the one who plans everything.

After a few more minutes of waiting, Eun-woo appeared in his signature black clothes, holding only his phone as he strolled towards me. I looked at him with a mixture of confusion, worry, and relief as I stood up, holding the cake for him and smiling to reassure him that it was fine he was late, didn't answer my calls, or didn't bring a present. All that mattered was that he showed up.

" Happy 100th day as a couple!" I smiled, showing him the cake still in its box. " I know you don't like doing this stuff, but it's fine with me. I also got you a gift." I said, uneasy at his blank expression. I set the cake on the bench and took out the gift I had prepared. It was a couple scarf I had knitted over the weekend with the help of my servants, with our initials on it.

" Open it, it will look great with your outfit." I said excitedly as I give him the gift, eager to see his reaction. " Geumanhaja (Let's stop)." He said coldly, confusing me.

" Wae? You don't like it? I can get you something else." He sighed in frustration, looking away before meeting my gaze. " Heeojija (Let's break up)." He said calmly, leaving me dumbfounded. " Yah! Eun-woo, it's not funny, stop joking around." I looked at his face for any sign he was messing with me.

" I'm not fooling around, let's break up." He repeated firmly before turning away. I grabbed his arm and turned him back. " Wae? Tell me what I did? Are you angry that we've been hiding our relationship?" I pleaded.

" Do you want me to tell my parents? I'll do it, just tell me." I shakily asked, tears starts welling up in my eyes. " It's not that, I'm tired, I'm tired of you, so please accept it and let me go." He said coldly before freeing himself from my grip and walking away.

My relationship with him ended at six o'clock that evening. Confusion and grief overwhelmed me as I fell to my knees in pain, crying. As I called out his name, the harsh winter seemed to freeze my heart. For the first time, my sister hugged me, soothing my back and assuring me that everything would be alright.

~~~~~

~~~~~