Chapter Twenty-Four - Louis

Start from the beginning

Harry blushed lightly. "Thank you."

Louis wet his lips. Where he before had been in such a hurry, he now felt like time should just stand still. Perhaps it did. Every time he was close to Harry like this, he felt like the world around them stopped. Only for them. Harry made Louis' world stop spinning in the most magical ways.

"Happy birthday," he whispered, standing up on his tiptoes to kiss Harry.

Harry hummed against Louis' lips, pulling away with a smile. "Thank you, Babe."

Those damn butterflies.

"I missed you," Louis said. "All day at work all I could think about was you."

"I can only say the same," Harry chuckled. "Mary almost got tired of my whining in the end, but in a fond way."

"That's good." Louis wet his lips. "I'm taking it we are gonna eat pizza?"

Harry grinned. "Homemade."

"Want me to help?" Louis asked, kissing Harry's chin, because why the heck not?

"Absolutely not," Harry grinned. "But you can sit on the counter and keep me company, ey? Rather that than burning the kitchen down."

"Hey," Louis said, mimicking offended.

Harry rolled his eyes fondly. "Not like you're not used to it."

"Hmm, that's true."

Louis followed Harry to the kitchen, plopping himself on top of the counter. He watched as his boyfriend rolled out the dough for two pizzas—of course, he had to make them in the shape of hearts.

"I bought some vegan topping for me, and some meat options for you if'd like that," Harry said, washing his hands in the sink.

Louis grinned. "Thank you, love. Though I do like the vegan, you know that."

Harry stepped in between Louis' thighs. "I know that, but I also know what you prefer, Babe. Meat."

Louis eyed Harry up and down. "You don't say."

Harry startled out a laugh, hiding his face on Louis' neck. "Lou."

Louis chuckled along, carding his fingers through Harry's hair. "Sorry, sorry." Then softer, "Thank you, you didn't have to."

Harry leaned back, pressing a soft kiss to Louis' lips. Just that small press of lips made fire course through Louis' veins. "I wanted to. Now, let's put some toppings on these. Also, I found a movie we can watch while we eat."

"Which is...?" Louis slowly asked.

"Love Actually, duh," Harry said, rolling his eyes fondly.

"God, I know you so well," mumbled Louis, pulling Harry in for another kiss.

They kissed longer this time, lips exploring well-known paths, tongues battling for the lead—Louis won. Harry whimpered as Louis began kissing down his throat, sucking marks into the skin there.

"Fuck," Harry cursed, tilting his head to the side. "Oh my—Fuck, I love when you do that."

Louis smirked, sucking on Harry's jaw. His hands trailed to Harry's behind, cupping his arse. Harry moaned. "Happy birthday, sweetheart." Louis leaned back against the wall.

"Awh, come on," Harry said, "you fucking tease."

Louis grinned, jumping off the counter. "Toppings, was it?"

Harry cleared his throat, adjusting his trousers. "Yeah, definitely."

Harry found the toppings in the fridge and placed them on the counter. For Louis, he had bought ham, pepperoni, and some cocktail sausages. For that, Louis pinned Harry against the fridge for five minutes of making out.