A Tale As Old As Honey

you kiss me and it stops time. . .

women's hearts are lethal weapons, did you hold mine and feel threatened? hear my lyrics, taste my venom, you are still my great obsession

— Maisie Peters, History Of Man

Once upon a time, Idony Collins loved the Doctor. And he loved her too.

At least, she thought he had. That was until he all but abandoned her just as she was reeling from the trauma of almost dying at the hands of the master.

She had walked the earth for an entire year with Martha Jones. She had kept his daughter out of harms way more times then she could count. She had almost died for him and he went and left her on her doorstep like he was dropping a friend home.

What a fucking slap in the face that was.

Time had passed, slowly of course, but it passed. And as it did, Idony became used to the old hum drum of human life again. But every now and then, she'd hear a laugh that sounded like his or see the back of someone's head that she swore was his head and she'd be right back at her doorstep, tears falling down her porcelain cheeks as she listened to the sound of the TARDIS fading away.

It was fine though. She could handle a few flashbacks every so often. But you know what she couldn't handle? having dreams every night for the last month of the Doctor and his stupid spaceship and her impending death.

And they're just dreams. She knows that, of course she does. But Wren Sterling, the Doctors daughter and a girl Idony loves like her own flesh and blood, is doing her damned hardest to convince her to tell the Doctor about it anyway.

'But what if it does mean something!' She says. 'He can help you!' She says.

So now, Idony is actually considering leaving behind the quiet little life she's built over the last two years to go and tell her ex that 'hey! I might fucking die soon!'