𝟬𝟴. tender lips and fingers

Start from the beginning

     He cleared his throat, breaking off their eye contact. "How was it does Jesse fit into the whole thing?"

     "Jesse." A gentle look flashed across her face at the thought of her friend. A waitress politely gave them the receipt and Brian quietly took it while he listened to her. "Well, when we were seventeen, I dragged Jesse home and he just kind of stayed around. Leon though, he sort of showed up one night and never, ever left."

     "I don't know. I think it's just the way my brother is, you know. Dom's like... He's like gravity. Everything just gets pulled to him." Her gaze flickered to Brian's face, studying the details, engraving them in her mind. "Even you."

    "Uh-oh. No. No." Brian shook his head adamantly, quick to object as a faint smile slowly appeared on his lips. He stared at her. "The only thing thing that pulled me in was you. Being friends with your brother is just a bonus."

     "Don't you know it? Buster has a way with his words," Josephine scoffed before bursting into small chuckles. Her eyes beamed when they landed on him again. "That's good though. It's... It's nice to come first every once in a while."

     "Yeah?" Brian murmured, tilting his head ever so slightly.

     Josephine leaned over the table, a mischievous grin on her red lips. "Want to go for a drive?"

     She didn't need to say it twice. As soon as they paid for their food━Brian insisting to pay━the couple was out of Cha Cha Chas in an instant. Laughter bubbled from the back of their throats, two pairs of eyes crinkling with delight as they stumbled onto the sidewalk of the night streets of downtown LA.

     They practically gravitated to each other. Their arms touched now and then as they walked back to the parking lot. It was almost as if they couldn't stay away from each other no matter what. Josephine was the first in her car, turning on the engine as Brian hopped in next to her. The low lighting inside of her Honda faintly illuminated their ruddy complexions from smiling way too much.

     "Where to, princess?" Brian asked, glancing at her.

     Josephine wrinkled her nose as she playfully leaned toward him. "To the moon."

      Brian was tempted to lean over completely and take her lips into his own but instead, he just looked at her and grinned brightly. Then he suddenly reached over to tuck a piece of hair behind her ear, gazing at her softly. Her eyes fluttered from the contact, his warm hand briefly grazing on her upper cheekbones. Josephine bit her lips and leaned back on her seat, gripping the steering wheel of her Honda S2000.

      "You better hold on," Josephine cleared her throat, reversing out of the parking lot and onto the road. 

    "Oh, yeah?" Brian cocked an eyebrow, challenging her. Although he definitely knew she was about to show him how it was supposed to be done. 

     Josephine smiled slyly. "You're about to witness Jo Toretto's school of driving, baby."

      The Toretto girl did not lie. Brian gripped the seats for life, his eyes widening both in awe and disbelief as Josephine practically made her car fly onto the streets. Despite the other cars on the road, beeping loudly because of her━she easily maneuvered her way through them. She worked her magic on the driver's seat, constantly glancing at him as she pridefully took notice of his reaction as she effortlessly drifted into another corner.