𝟬𝟳. see with the naked eye

Start from the beginning

     It was a few minutes after noon when they decided to part ways. Josephine stood by the driveway, standing in front of Brian. She still looked beautiful despite the oil and dust covering her skin and clothes. He put his hands inside the pockets of his jeans, squinting at the afternoon sun harshly shining on his face. 

    "Where do you want me to pick you up?" Josephine asked.

     Brian nodded. "I'll go to yours then you can drive us to the place."

     "Too bad I didn't get to drive your car, huh?" She chuckled and the blond shook his head, a little amused. Johnny Tran just had to blow up his Mitsubishi Eclipse right before he could take her on a ride. "I'll see you then."

     "See you, Jo," He smiled.

     "Got a TR7 here, with a ball-bearing upgrade," Jesse rambled. He, Leon, Letty, and Josephine gathered around the almost-finished masterpiece of an engine. A couple of feet from them were Dominic and Brian who were putting the parts inside the hood of the partial Supra. "What it's going to do is, it's going to spool up really quick."

     "I got this set up for twenty-four psi," Josephine muttered as she turned the small wrench on the screw.

     Jesse nodded. "Got it."

      It was Friday, and Friday meant date night with a certain Buster. Speaking of the devil, Brian Spilner was helping Dom behind the others as they conversed with themselves. They were all busy doing their own tasks but Brian and Jo's constant glances didn't go unnoticed by the lot of them.

     "You got big plans tonight?" Dominic suddenly asked, making the blue-eyed boy look up from the wires he was attaching. 

     "Yeah." Brian nodded, trying to act like he wasn't a little nervous in front of the older brother of his date. Suddenly, his mission didn't seem as important as making a good impression on Dom. "We're going out to dinner."

     Dominic stared at him. His expression hard and serious. "You break her heart, I'll break your neck."

     Brian returned his stare. "That's not gonna happen." 

     The man seemed satisfied with that but that didn't mean he liked the idea of his little sister going on dates with someone he knows. I suppose it should make it better that he knows Brian. But no━his sister, his responsibility. No matter how much his younger sisters push him away or stubbornly say that they can handle themselves. They will always be his baby sisters.

     "I want to show you something," Dominic told him.

     Josephine watched from the corner of her eyes as Dominic left the garage with Brian on his tail. The latter glanced back before he could disappear, making eye contact with the Toretto girl who raised her eyebrows questionably. Brian merely sent her a reassuring nod before he followed Dom into his red Mazda.

     The car pulled up into the driveway of the Toretto household, parking directly at the old garage. Dominic led the blond inside, Brian walking on eggshells around him as he studied the new surroundings. The first thing he saw when he opened the garage was a sweet 1970 Dodge Charger R/T with its hood popped open and a supercharged blower motor in the middle. His blue eyes glinted.