"Get away from him! Daithi, wake up!" Tyler screamed, sprinting forward. Lui spun around, letting Tyler see Daithi in full for the first time.

He was pale, so utterly pale under all the blood. His chest, legs and arms were torn up, his knees and arm bent at awkward angles. His eyes were closed, his mouth hanging open as short, labored breaths fell from his lips.

Tyler knew he had to be in extreme pain, as he wouldn't die without the touch of a reaper. The touch of Tyler. And because Tyler couldn't get to him, that meant Daithi was suffering.

"Ah, Tyler. Welcome, you here to do your job finally?" Lui purred, trailing a bloodstained claw over his tongue. Tyler sneered, wielding his scythe smoothly as he started moving slowly to the side.

"You get away from him," he snarled, Lui smiling to show his bloodstained sharp teeth. "No, I don't think I will. A magical human, someone who can see the future and feel the auras of supernatural beings. His blood tastes divine," he purred, reaching down to touch Daithi's bleeding leg again.

Tyler swung forward with his scythe, slicing Lui's arm off. Lui let out a roar of pain, glaring hatefully at Tyler. He lunged forward, his one hand full of claws going towards his face.

Tyler spun out of the way, slicing once more with his scythe. He severed the tendons in the back of Lui's knee, the redcap falling forward as his leg went limp.

"Give it up Lui, you're not surviving this," Tyler said flatly, adjusting the hood of his cloak. Lui hissed at him, red eyes filled with fire. "Neither is your boy toy. He's laying there suffering, broken and bleeding. No doctor will be able to save him, all you need to do is touch him. Can you kill him? Huh Reaper? Can you take his soul?" He asked lowly, a mad grin crossing his lips.

Tyler threw down his scythe, stalking forward. Lui tried to swipe at him with his claws, but he took out a hallowed dagger and swiped it across the redcap's arm. His hand fell to the ground, Lui screaming in pain at the burn he felt from the hallowed blade.

"Daithi will be fine. He'll live to see another day. You won't. Burn in hell asshole," Tyler snarled, plunging the dagger into Lui's skull.

⚠️⚠️END FIGHT SCENE⚠️⚠️

The redcap shrieked, his body erupting in flames as he fell to the ground. Brock appeared next to Tyler, the reaper turning to face him. He saw his friends behind him, eyes wide.

Jon was kneeling next to Daithi, his hands gently touching the man's face. "He doesn't have much left, Tyler. You need to stop this," he whispered and Tyler moved to kneel next to them, hands hovering over Daithi's body.

"I-" Tyler whispered and Marcel knelt next to him, resting his hand on Tyler's shoulder. No one but Marcel and Kris would be able to touch him in this form, as technically vampires were already dead.

"You need to, Daithi is suffering," he said softly and Tyler gritted his teeth. An idea came to mind, Tyler frowning as he thought hard.

"No, I can do something else," he said quietly, reaching into his cloak pocket and pulling out a different dagger.

He ran the blade across his palm, whispering in Latin under his breath. He let three drops fall into Daithi's mouth, the blood staining his lips red.

A bright white light exploded from Daithi, everyone scrambling back. Tyler kept his eyes on Daithi's face, the memory of the day he became a reaper fresh in his mind.

Tyler was walking down the road, hanging with a friend. "Tyler, I have something to tell you," Sam said quietly and Tyler tilted his head curiously.