The Police

"What is that?" Eri questioned, intrigued, peeking over Aya's shoulder. Aya and Elise were currently crouching on the floor across from each other, taking turns poking at the clear blue slime still in its container. They were playing a game where they take turns poking into the slime and whoever has the last poke to where everything is poked loses. They made the game out of boredom because who knew daycare could be sooo long and boring? Also, the rules were obviously badly made by the two children since when one spot is poked, another spot rises up again, making the game incessant and tiring. Aya wasn't going to give up though, especially not against Elise.

"Oh. We're playing with slime." Aya said blatantly. She barely paid attention to speaking as she was very focused on the game to where her eyes were getting dry.

...

"...Slime?"

And that's what got Bram going to some random shop and finding slime to buy. No wonder Eri didn't know what slime was, so far every convenience store hasn't had anything of the sort.

"...it's like play dough, but very different," Elise rambled, ignoring the questioning look Aya gave her because how is it different but the same??? "These shops don't seem to have a ton of slime... I'll just have to give you one of my own. I know, I know, getting slime from the outstanding Elise is overwhelming, but don't worry, it's my pleasure, truly." Elise went on. Aya has no idea how this spoiled brat is so entitled to even have the ability to flatter herself.

Eri just gave Elise a blank look.

The store they were in was a pretty large one, as there were so many isles. However, Aya hasn't spotted one person at the shop that wasn't an employee. Must be because they don't have slime, Elise would say. Gosh, Aya mentally smacked herself for thinking about that blondie.

Bram was currently watching the kids with a slight frown, although Aya assumed that that face was just his normal face by now. Aya could see the tiredness in his eyes. Aya loved Bram, loved his dark and mysterious voice (especially when he lets his Irish accent out), and his surprisingly good cooking. He was like the dad Aya never had. Well, Aya had a dad of course, just not a good one. Boy, was Aya glad her dad was still in Yokohama doing who knows what.

Being in actual Japan had stripped away time for them to talk, as he only actually has a conversation with her when they are alone. And as they were very much not alone, even with the job of babysitting, he wasn't very talkative. Maybe he didn't trust Elise enough to talk out loud, (Which Aya wouldn't blame him for. The only two sides Elise had was playful/crazy and serious/creepy, both of which are not trustworthy.) It's funny how similar Elise could get to Dazai. Aya wondered how that came to be. Maybe being in the mafia? (Which literally didn't make any sense.)

At first, Aya thought Elise was very similar to Yosano, but Dazai and Elise were much more similar. Yosano was just kind of chill, acting mature but still teasing at times. Aya liked her.

Unease pricked at Aya as she thought back to Yosano and the villain attack they had encountered. Yosano was seemingly calm, but Aya worried for her. She had been taken with the police after all. Anything could happen, one being that the police find out about Yokohama and the mission gets screwed. Aya highly doubts the police in Musutafu were that cunning, but still.

Elise was talking to Eri, holding her tiny hands and skipping along the rows and rows of fully stocked supplies (seriously, why wasn't anyone here?), but even Aya could see the slight hint of mischief in her eyes. Aya narrowed her own eyes suspiciously, wondering what the girl was planning. Also, somewhere along the way both Eri and Elise got ice cream without Aya. She wasn't the least surprised. Elise was licking the bottom of hers, in a desperate attempt to not have any drops wasted.