Secrets

She pulled away from nat and finished putting her stuff away.

As Nat started setting up the electronics, there was a gentle knock on the door.

Hope sat on the bed as Nat opened the white door, Wanda stepped inside smiling.

Hi said hope shyly waving to Wanda. Knowing she was about to say something bad.

Wanda gave a guilty look and then told them that Steve filed a report to Fury asking for Hope to be kicked out unless Hope can benefit the team in anyway.

Nat looked angry and stood up. Wanda keep an eye on hope I have something to do quickly Nat said.

Wanda nodded and sat next to Hope, gently wrapping an arm around her.

Hope smiled a little.

Wanda rubbed Hope's back knowing that she was worried even if she didnt show it.

Hope heard her father's words in her head worthless, useless, ugly as she thought the worst.

Hopes mind

Her father stepped closer as he undid her belt and started scolding her. You worthless piece of shit he yelled, trying to trigger her. Hope gritted her teeth, trying to hold back her tears as she took every hit, each harder than the first. Her eyes glowed purple for a few seconds but she bit her tongue grounding herself once again

Present scene

Hope hugged Wanda than pulled away wiping her damp eyes just as nat walked in.

Nat hugged her and Wanda left silently.

I promise everything will be fine nat whispered her voice breaking slightly.

Hope nodded and told nat she need to show her something.
She then stood up and bit her lip as her eyes flashed an amethyst purple so different to her usual emerald eyes.

Nat looked shocked than wiped Hope's tears away kissing her on the head.

I can't control it Hope said looking down. I'm sorry I didnt tell you she mumbled expecting to be punished.

Nat looked at her expression realizing she thought that and teared up. She hugged her and reminded her softly that she would never hurt her.

Trying to change the mood she suggested that maybe Wanda could help her.

She nodded greatful for Nat's help and kindness.

The next day

Hope sat up in the bed as she realized Nat wasn't there. She began to panic looking around and started to shake. She stood up and slid down the wall her whole body shaking and her breathing quickened. She started to cry as the door opened. It was Wanda.

She ran over and started to hug Hope careful not to scare her more. In attempt to calm her down, she put memories from when she first met Nat on the roof and from the time they have spent together so far.

Hope started to calm down and cried In to Wanda's shoulder.

Wanda rubbed her back and then asked her what happened.

Hope explained how she woke up and couldn't find Nat.

Wanda then told her how Steve had sent Nat on a mission and that she should be back soon.

Hope nodded and then got flashes of somebody's past.

The figure's past

Stop, let go of her. Shes too young. I will shoot. Send her to the surgery. Natalia my child. Melina where is she. Wipe her memory. She won't know about her ever make sure of it. Send the child away. Home them to somebody willingly to trigger them.

Present scene

The flashes stopped and hope looked around confused. Whose past was that. Why was she seeing it. She didn't understand what was going on so she sat up straight and pulled away from Wanda turning to her.

Wanda turned to face her and asked her what was wrong.

She explained everything and anxiously flashed her eyes amethyst .

Wanda smiled and flashed her eyes red showing her she didn't need to be scared. And then told her that she might have been reading somebody's mind but she didn't know whose.

Hope nodded and hugged her.