"You buying?" He asked with a wink and Daithi rolled his eyes as he picked up his keys. "Yeah yeah yeah. I'll pay, come on," he said amused, Lui cheering in a childish voice, "Fuck yeah! Let's go!"

Daithi laughed, locking the door behind them as he led Lui to the bus stop. He felt eyes on him and looked up as they reached the end of the driveway, seeing Tyler in his apartment window before vanishing.

Daithi frowned, eyes on the window a moment before he turned and started down the road. He and Lui talked about random things while waiting for the bus, Daithi asking him questions about San Diego.

"Are your parents baldanders too?" He asked curiously and Lui nodded. "Well, Mom is, Dad's human. Or so I was told, when I was only a few months old he died in a car wreck, it's just been me and Mom since," he said and Daithi grimaced in sympathy.

"What about you? You have any supernatural history?" Lui asked and Daithi shook his head. "No, my family tree is purely human," he said, omitting the psychic in his ancestry. Something told him to keep that silent for now, a little voice in his head that sounded suspiciously like Tyler.

The bus arrived and they got on, paying for tickets before sitting down. "So do you know Tyler's race?" Lui asked and Daithi shook his head. "He's not very open about it and I don't want to push him. I've already told him if he wants to tell me he can, if not, I don't need to know. I trust him, you know?" He said and Lui hummed.

"He feels dark," he said and Daithi frowned confused. "How do you mean?" He asked and Lui said, "Like death. He's had a hand in a lot of death, whether killing or just being nearby."

Daithi frowned, wondering how Lui came to that. "How do you mean? He's only 20, and his dad's a mechanic," he asked confused and Lui shrugged.

"It's in his aura. I wouldn't trust him as much as you do, who knows what he's hiding," he said and Daithi shook his head. "I can feel his aura, he's safe," he said and Lui frowned at him.

"How can you feel his aura? Only supernatural can do that," he asked and Daithi shrugged. "I'm human, Chrissy did a bloodline test back 20 generations. But there is a human psychic in my bloodline, I can read supernatural power levels and auras," he explained, ignoring the voice in his head telling him to be quiet.

Lui frowned, tilting his head. "Then you should be able to tell Tyler is no good," he said and Daithi rolled his eyes. "No, I can tell he feels safe. He's powerful, that's for sure, but he feels gentle, he wouldn't hurt me," he defended Tyler, crossing his arms and leaning back against the chair.

Lui clenched his jaw but finally sighed. "Alright. Just be careful around him, he doesn't feel right," he said finally, Daithi frowning as Lui basically quoted what Tyler had said about him.

Who did he trust? He'd known Tyler longer, and liked him. A lot. But Lui hadn't shown any signs of darkness, he was a generally cheerful, gentle dude. And neither of them felt dark, neither of them felt dangerous.

Being so lost in his thoughts, Daithi almost didn't realise they'd pulled up to their stop. Lui nudged him and he looked up, blinking a couple times before grabbing his backpack and getting up.

Lui followed him off the bus, looking around as Daithi led him inside. "Oh fuck, it's been years since I've been in an arcade. Come on, imma kick your ass at shooting baskets," Lui said energetically, rushing off with Daithi on his heels.

They spent nearly two hours playing games and racking up tickets. Daithi was having a blast, having only been to an American arcade once before with Evan, Jon, Brock, Brian and Tyler. It had been a lot more chaotic then too, with six people.