7 ~ trouble, trouble and more trouble

Start from the beginning

"What?" I ask him, and he looks behind me.

"Charlotte is coming over. Don't speak to her." He adds quietly, speaking really quickly, so it's hard to understand.

I furrow my eyebrows at him, before feeling the presence of someone stood behind me.

"Hey new girlie!" A high pitched voice shrieks, and I quickly whip around, looking up at the girl stood in front of me.

"Emilie right?" She adds, and I nod my head. "I'm Charlotte." She smiles at me.

"Do you want to go out tonight?" Charlotte asks, obviously wanting me to say yes.

"Sure." I respond, smiling back up at her.

"Great!" She exclaims, clapping her hands together slightly in excitement. "Can I have your phone number so I can text you the place?" She questions, getting her phone out of her blazer pocket.

Theo keeps his head down the whole time, never once making eye contact with Charlotte.

"Yeah of course." I respond, before giving her my phone number.

"I'll message you later! Bye!" She says, sliding her phone back into her pocket.

"Theo." She states, almost monotone, nodding her head towards the boy sat next to me, acknowledging his presence. A big difference to the way she was just talking to me.

"Charlotte." Theo replies, nodding his head, matching Charlotte's monotone voice.

Charlotte gives him a dirty look before walking off with her friends.

"What's her problem?" I ask Theo, laughing slightly.

"She's my ex." He states, before shoving the whole half of his sandwich he is eating, into his mouth. Boys are disgusting.

"You're popular today." Theo states, looking past me again, nodding his head towards the group of girls heading my way. Ella and her gang of minions.

I stand up off my chair, and come face to face with Ella. She shoves my shoulders and I stumble backwards slightly, knocking into Theo's shoulder.

"Woah." Theo says as he drops his chocolate bar on the floor. He picks its up and just eats it. When he notices what's happening, he stands up and observes.

I push Ella's shoulders harder, and she stumbles backwards.

"That's enough of that. You're going to get yourself detention." Theo states, before gently grabbing my hand and pulling me away.

"Stay there, don't move." Theo instructs, pointing at me, after he stops next to some stacks of chairs. He lets go of my hand and walks back over to the table, putting my lunch box in my bag, and picking up both mine and his bags.

I can't tell what he's saying, but he looks angry and is shouting at Ella. One of his friends stand up, between Ella and Theo, and tell him to go away. Theo walks back towards me, and hands me my bag.

"Are you ok?" He asks protectively, giving Ella a glare from across the hall. I nod at him, keeping my eyes locked on Ella.

"Why did you have to pull me away?" I ask kind of aggressively, looking up at Theo.

"You were going to get yourself into trouble. I saved your ass." Theo states, looking down at me and meeting my eyes, similar to what Charles did earlier. It makes me feel safe, being around him.

I look back at where Ella is and see her and her friends whispering to each other and pointing at me. Theo turns his head to see what I'm looking at.

"Ignore them, they're horrible." He says softly, adjusting his backpack on his back. "Come on, let's go." He adds, before walking out of the lunch hall, me following after him.