Chapter Twenty-Two - Louis

En başından başla

Louis settled his hands on Harry's waist, swallowing. "No... I don't. At all. This is very nice."

"Yeah?" Harry grinned in a way that made his eyes sparkle delightfully.

Louis nodded. "Yeah, and actually..." He took a step back, setting course for his desk. "I was planning on giving you something." He opened his desk drawer, pulling out a single key. He wet his lips nervously, turning back to Harry. He held the key up, letting it dangle from his index finger. "This."

Harry parted his lips in surprise. He walked to Louis, placing the bouquet on the desk next to Louis.

"Thanks for the flowers, by the way," Louis whispered nervously. "They are lovely. I'll find them a vase in a bit." He was fiddling nervously at the hem of his shirt with the hand that was not holding the key. Why was Harry not saying anything?"

Finally, Harry croaked, "Is that... for me?"

Louis nodded. "Yeah."

"What's it for?"

"The apartment," Louis exhaled. "So you can let yourself in at any time."

Harry exhaled, closing both his hands around the one in which Louis held the keys. "Really?"

Louis nodded. "Yeah, of course."

Harry wet his lips, his eyes big. Then a dopey grin broke out on his features and he enveloped Louis in a hug. "Thank you. This... this means so much to me. And I'll get you one too. I want you to be able to visit whenever you like. Thank you." He pulled back slightly, kissing Louis' cheek. "You're wonderful."

Louis could feel his cheeks heat up. "It's... nothing big, really."

"Nuh-uh, none of that. I love it," Harry said. "This is the best thing to have happened to me. Ever."

"Haz, it's a key."

"To your heart," Harry cheekily said.

Louis rolled his eyes fondly, hiding his face in Harry's neck. "You're a dork."

"Yours." Harry settled his hands on Louis' lower back, pulling them as close as possible without them being naked.

Louis settled his arms around Harry's neck, placing a kiss on his lips. "I love your glasses. They suit you perfectly."

Harry grinned, blushing. "Thank you." He wet his lips. "Wanna tell me about today?"

"I will, but I'll take a shower first. Then I can update both you and the boys, yeah?"

Harry opened his mouth, "Can I—"

"Yes, you can join me," Louis softly spoke. "But only to shower. I'm too tired for anything else right now."

"Of course." Harry pecked his lips.

They went to the bathroom, undressing each other silently. Louis had brought his speaker, soft music playing from it.

Before stepping under the stream, Louis just let Harry hold him for a bit. Skin against skin, Harry's warm breath fanning Louis' cheek. They kissed, slow and languid.

They moved to the shower, Harry turning on the faucet. Louis watched as stepped under, his curls soaking up.

"Please never cut your hair," he found himself saying.

Harry grinned, pulling Louis was the stream by his waist. "Yeah? You like it long?"

Louis hummed. "Means there's more to pull on when you go down on me."

Harry sputtered a laugh, hiding his face in Louis' neck. "Jesus, alright, yeah. I won't cut it."

"Good." Louis kissed his temple. "My beautiful boy."

"Shut up," giggled Harry. "I'm blushing."

"I have said it before and I'll say it again, I love making you blush. It's like a reward."

Harry lifted his head, looking at Louis with the softest of softest eyes. Louis' heart skipped a beat. "Shampoo my hair?"

"Of course," Louis softly spoke.

* * *

Liam and Zayn were on the couch when Harry and Louis stepped out of the shower. Both only had towels around the waists, and Louis wasn't trying to act like he hadn't noticed the droplets running down Harry's pecks.

He was a sight for the gods.

Maybe Louis should have just forgotten everything about being tired. Maybe he should just have gotten on his knees in the shower. He sure wanted to now. Except it was too late for that.

"We'll go get dressed quickly," Louis said. "Be right back."

He and Harry quickly went into Louis' room, and Louis found them something to wear.

Louis loved seeing Harry wearing his clothes. He was wearing one of Louis' biggest hoodies—not that Harry was much bigger, he was just broader. That, paired with a pair of fuzzy socks and sweatpants, made him look utterly adorable.

"Put on your glasses," Louis spoke.

Harry rolled his eyes fondly but did as told. "You have a nerd-kink or something?"

"First of all, nothing wrong with nerds," Louis said, pulling Harry in by the waist. "And no. I just have a you kink."

Harry chuckled, "Alright." He dipped down to kiss Louis. "Let's join the boys in the living room, yeah? Gotta hear all about this new job of yours."

They settled onto the couch together with Liam and Zayn, some film playing in the background on the television.

"Time to spill the bloody tea," Liam said. "How was the job? What are you gonna do?"

"So," Louis said, snuggling into Harry's side, "it's, as you know, for three months. Here the first couple of weeks I'm mostly gonna work as Hans's personal assistant, but after that, he'll bring me out to runways and teach about 'the art of capturing a real-life model' as he called it. And the pay is awesome! I'll become so fucking rich. And just... everythinga bout it is amazing. I have met so lovely people that are interested in the same things as me and... it's kinda mind-blowing."

"So you're paying rent for all three of us for the next three months?" Zayn asked.

"Absolutely not," Louis replied. "Are you nuts?"

Zayn rolled his eyes. "Whatever." Then in a softer voice, "It sounds really lovely, Lou."

Harry hummed in agreement, kissing Louis' temple. "It really does. You're glowing with happiness."

"What can I say? You bring it forth in me."

"I think that's our cue to leave," Liam said, standing up. "You two are too sappy for me to look at. Zayn, wanna make out in my room?"

"Absolutely."

They left, leaving Louis and Harry alone on the couch. Louis smiled softly up at Harry. "Today has been so good."

"I'm glad," Harry said, gently pushing some of Louis' fringe away from his forehead. "I think it was so as well."

"Your birthday is soon," Louis said, changing the subject. "What do you have in mind to do?"

"Well, it falls on a Wednesday this year," Harry said, "and I have a shift at work. So... well, it will be a very common day, but I'm going home to my mom the weekend after to spend it with Gemma, Robin, and Mom."

"That sounds cosy," Louis said.

"They actually asked if you'd like to come celebrate with us," Harry spoke softly. "Home in London, I mean."

"Oh." Louis wet his lips. "I would like that, yeah. A lot. Totally."

Harry grinned, kissing his lips. "Good." He stroked Louis' cheekbone. "And then on my birthday, we could spend it together? We can cook a fancy dinner at mine, or just order takeout. I just wanna spend time with you."

Louis couldn't contain his grin. "That sounds bloody perfect."