Do whatever you want, man - VIII

Start from the beginning

"Three o' clock," Bruce answered in a quiet squeak.

"Hm," Vance hummed, yawning. "Read to me." He requested in a not so kind way.

Bruce sighed, reaching for a book. He grabbed the closest one about a boy whom of which was head over heels for his classmate. As Bruce read Vance could feel some familiarity in the back of his mind, but he brushed it off. Though, soon the familiarity feeling faded away and Vance got tired again.

"Going back to sleep already?" Bruce giggled, wrapping an arm around Vance.

"Shut up," Vance scoffed, a yawn following after, "I usually sleep all day. Just what I do." He got more comfy, his face practically buried in Bruce's side. He could smell the scent of his cheap cologne on Bruce's shirt, and he couldn't help but smile. Vance knew it must've had transferred from his jacket.

"Okay then," Bruce smiled, continuing to read aloud. Vance was quick to fall asleep. Bruce looked at him, smiling softly. He began to play with the ends of Vance's blond curls. They felt soft between Bruce's fingers and felt them.

He admired how Vance looked as well. How his face looked so smooth, yet roughed up at the same time. And his eye lashes that were longer than the average dude. Oh, and his pink lips that only got pinker the colder it got. They looked soft and Bruce wondered if they actually were as soft as they looked.

Then Bruce realised what he was thinking and just went back to reading.

***

Knock knock knock..."what..." Bruce groaned upset as he turned back and forth.

"Stop moving around, dickhead," Vance mumbled sleepily, holding Bruce's waist tighter. Bruce yawned, turning around in Vance's arms. "What did I just say," he groaned, squinting open an eye.

"Sorry," Bruce mumbled, resting his hand on Vance's hip, "I was getting more comfortable." Vance hummed, closing his eyes again.

Knock knock knock...minutes had passed since the last time the knocks had happened and Vance had went back to sleep. "Ugh," Bruce carefully sat up and moved from Vance's arms, walking to the door.  He cracked it open to see an officer standing there. Bruce could feel his heart drop. "Uh..do you need something, officer?" He squeaked quietly.

"Are you Bruce Yamada?" The man asked, tilting his head slightly as he adjusted his sunglasses.

Bruce swallowed thickly, glancing back at Vance who was still asleep. "I...am," Bruce answered though it felt as if his throat was closing. "Why?"

"You parents are currently outside waiting for you," The officer started to speak, but before Bruce could say anything he added something on, "but I would like to ask you a few questions before you go home."

Bruce nodded softly. "Can I gather my stuff..?" He asked, earning a nod from the officer. Bruce closed the door again and began to gather his stuff. He slipped on his sneakers before taking a small glance at Vance, who was mumbling in his sleep. Bruce took a deep breath before leaving the room.

Bruce entered the living room to see Mr.Arellano and the officer sat on the couch. "Sit down across from me, please," the officer requested, nodding at the small chair in front of him. Quickly Bruce sat there, nervously fiddling his fingers. "So..why did you run out of your home last night?"

"My parents and I were arguing," Bruce began with a shaky breath as he locked eyes with Mr.Arellano, who gave him a small nod, "and I guess it got out of hand because my dad slapped me. I didn't really know what to do so I ran and ran until I came here." He decided to leave out the parts about bringing Vance over, deciding it wasn't a good idea to bring it up.