Fett looks back at her with a small smile before he looks at Mando. "Let Marshal Vanth and the people of Mos Pelgo—"

"Freetown is its name now," Mando says.

"Let the people of Freetown know they have my word."

"You can tell Cobb Vanth himself when he arrives here with the reinforcements."

"You are confident he will come?" Fett asks.

"I am."

"And you?"

Alora meets Fett's questioning gaze. "Vanth is a man of his word. Honorable. So is the Mandalorian." It's a non-answer, and he knows it. "If he does not come, we are fucked. So, sure, they'll be here."

"Our skill is no match for the Syndicate numbers," Fett lets out a heavy sigh. "We must buy time until they arrive. We'll lockdown at the palace."

Alora scoffs as one of the Mods, as they call themselves, says, "That's a bad idea."

"Is that so?"

"It is."

"And where do you propose we wait for reinforcements?"

"Here."

"Here?" Fett almost scoffs. "In these ruins? Nonsense, the palace offers greater protection."

"If you want to abandon Mos Espa and hide in your fortress, go ahead," the other Mod says. "We're staying. The people who live here need our protection."

Silence stretches among them as Fett once again looks to Alora. "It's shit strategically," she says with a shrug. "But you and I both know what kind of power loyalty has. And symbolism. It's up to you. We're equally fucked either way from a purely strategic view."

"We'll stay." There's a glint of humor in his eye as Fett surveys everyone. "You make a good point, Tiri."

She rolls her eyes. "Everyone get ready for a fight. They'll be coming and soon."

✦✧✦✧✦

"As we wait for the reinforcements to arrive with Cobb Vanth from Freetown, our forces are quietly patrolling the streets of the old city." Fennec paces as she explains their current situation to the Mandalorian and Fett. Alora sits atop the tallest piece of rubble with a clear view out the tallest hole in the building, which already had a relatively short ceiling. Her legs dangle off the concrete as she tries to play out every scenario. "The Pike Syndicate has not yet arrived in numbers, but the minute they do, we will see them before they see us. The truce you negotiated with the other families of Mos Espa will ensure that they will remain neutral and allow us to gain the upper hand by surprising the arriving soldiers."

"Unless they get a better offer," Alora says. "It's difficult to navigate crime families. You have to have the best offer on the table."

"We all signed a treaty," Fett replies.

"Not everyone is a man of their word." Everyone stares at her until she rolls her eyes. "Fine. Go over how we have every inch of the city covered."

Fennec arches a brow but does not comment. "The Gamorrean guards are posted in the Klatoonian territory at the starport and will alert us if any of the Pike Syndicate forces arrive. Krrsantan is in Trandosian territory, keeping tabs on the streets of the municipality in front of City Hall. Drash and Skad are with the other Mods keeping an eye on the Worker's District and the Aqualish Quarter. As you can see, all our flanks are covered. Nobody is sneaking up on us. When the people of Freetown arrive, we will have the forces required to pivot our strength to whatever region the Pykes choose to attack from."