"There's no way he's pure human, and you can't trust them. Magic shouldn't be natural, they've got to be doing something to get it as a human," Séan had said quietly to Daithi, who'd just sat quietly awkward.

Tyler tilted his head at Daithi, seeing something in his face. "You won't be able to tell him, will you," he stated and Daithi swallowed, sticking his hands in his pockets.

"Probably not. I haven't told him about you guys either outside the fact that you exist. He'd come just to get me away from here, and if he saw you he'd hurt you. And I can't have that happening, you guys are my friends and are so incredible, I don't want you hurt. He was against me coming to LA in the first place because it's "a monster cesspool"," he said bitterly, Brock's jaw tensing.

Daithi sighed. "He's a good person, he's just got a grudge. His best friend was killed by a rogue when we were kids and now he's got it in his head that all non humans are the same, just wanting power. I've tried for years to convince him otherwise, but nothings worked," he said quietly and Tyler moved to his side to rest an elbow on his shoulder.

Tyler wasn't a touchy feely person, he'd touched Daithi three times ever in the last two weeks. So him doing this was his awkward way of providing comfort, and Daithi deeply appreciated it.

He took a deep breath and said, "I'll make sure you guys are safe though. It's not fair to judge all by one, and it was a werewolf who'd killed him. Which also doesn't mean shit, because Sark is the best fucking dude ever. I'd already decided I wouldn't invite Séan here anyway, there are a lot of non humans around here and I don't want him offending or hurting anyone or him getting hurt. It's- it's better to keep it separate."

Brian gave him a sympathetic look and Daithi clenched his jaw, straightening his spine. Tyler removed his arm and he smiled softly at the taller man before turning to Chrissy.

"I want to do the tests, what do you need from me?" He asked and Chrissy held her hand out. Daithi prepared for the snap again, giving her his hand. She flipped his palm over and held up a small bottle.

Before Daithi could see, she moved quickly and he hissed with a jerk at the sting. A small cut in the palm of his hand dripped a little blood, Chrissy filling the bottle before pulling another one out with a shimmering purple liquid.

She dripped two drops on the cut, Daithi watching wide eyed as the small cut healed. "That's all I need! Scotty will have the plants grown by tonight, and I can get it started. It should be ready by tomorrow, okay? I'm going to prepare, it was nice to meet you Daithi," she said sweetly and Daithi nodded, smiling back.

"It was nice to meet you too. I'll see you tomorrow then," he said and she nodded as she left. "Right, well, who wants pizza?" Evan asked and Jon rolled his eyes. "You always want pizza," he said amused and Evan grinned.

"That's because it's the best fucking fast food out there. Who's in? I'll pay," he asked and everyone exchanged looks before nodding. "Sweet, there's a really good local pizza place down the road, shall we head out?"

Daithi gathered his keys and wallet, slipping his shoes back on before following his friends out the door. He waved to John and Smiity as he passed, the two whispering to each other but smiling and waving as they passed.

"I still can't believe you managed to get the protection of John Keyes," Tyler said quietly to him once they were away from the apartment. "John doesn't like anyone really, and it took him nearly a year to consider us friends."

Daithi tilted his head, considering that information. "I don't know how I did it," he admitted and Tyler chuckled, shaking his head.

They reached the pizza place and went to sit down, ordering some drinks before going to check out the buffet. "So Daithi, your real name isn't that is it?" Brian asked and Daithi rolled his eyes.