#1

That entrance ceremony was . . . boring, to say the least, and I imagine a lot of people were fighting the urge to fall asleep right then and there. The principal and the students exchanged way too many words of gratitude, most of which were quite repetitive and we certainly could have done without.

It wasn't all bad, I guess. Though I definitely would have skipped if not for the fact that it's mandatory to attend, I was able to notice a few interesting things. Likely not important, but still, interesting. More importantly though, can this bitch behind me shut up? I can practically hear you ogling that girl with beige hair.

Daydreaming about a fantasy world where I had powers, I was shaken from my reverie by a round of applause, signaling the end of the entrance ceremony and releasing us all from that confining space. Everyone quickly exited the gymnasium, each having their own agenda. Be it exploring the school, or heading straight to class . . . nevermind. I suppose those two are the only things you could really do at this stage. Anyways, we still had about half an hour 'til classes started, but since I wanted to be early, I had started making my way towards the school building.

I noticed something pretty odd about this school as I made my way towards my classroom though. The cameras. While cameras shouldn't be too uncommon in a place as prestigious as this school, it was the unhealthy amount that was. I've already passed by a few of them, and I've walked a grand total of 50 meters along the school's corridors.

What I also found interesting was the fact that there were a few places that didn't have any cameras, even though there'd normally be one there. It's as if they're putting out blind spots on purpose . . .

'Whatever, I'll think about it after class.'

I walked along the school's hallways, navigating through the maze-like structure of the school in order to find my classroom. I eventually found it after a few minutes of searching, spotting the sign above the door of my new classroom, Class 1-D.

Resolving myself, I decided to enter the classroom normally, looking around for the seat that bore my nameplate.

I found my seat next to the window, right in front of the renowned "protagonist's seat". I noticed a boy sitting there, but I didn't get a good look at his face. As I sat down and set my bag under my desk, I turned around to look at our "protagonist", and wouldn't you know it, I found the same brown haired boy again, seated right there.

Well since I've already bumped into him a few times today, I might as well get to know the guy.

"Hey there, Mr. Protagonist," I internally cringed and cursed at myself for allowing those words to leave my mouth.

He removed his gaze from the window and turned to look at me, quite clearly confused with what I referred to him as.

"Uh . . . hi," the boy mumbled.

Great, I've made the guy uncomfortable already. Great job, me. Also, his monotone voice makes it seem like he isn't interested in a conversation with me, which is a massive hit to my confidence. At least show some interest, man!

"What's with that? Protagonist?" The boy asked.

"You don't know? You're seated on the seat where the protagonist of an anime usually sits."

A guy his age doesn't know of it? While that certainly isn't uncommon, I thought most guys at this age watched a lot of anime and were aware of that sacred seat.

"Oh, I see. I don't watch much of that stuff, so I wouldn't know."

"Well, now you know. Sitting there at the start of the school year is kind of like a dream come true for some teenage boys." Or at least, that's what I've heard from some old friends. I myself don't really understand the appeal, aside from a good view of the class and the outside. It's just a seat in the end.