Exhaustion

Today wasn't the best, yet certainly not the worst. I wasn't feeling so.. Happy, really. Somethin' felt wrong. Like, I was wrong.

I didn't like it. Nothing was right. I'm the one with the bright personality and smile, so what could be so different today?

As I laid on my heavily plush covered bed, just staring at the ceiling, I heard the doors lock click open

"Oh, Lightbulb! I didn't expect to see you in bed already. Isn't your bedtime 8 PM or something?" Huh. Just Test Tube. She doesn't really come into our room often, she just falls asleep in her lab while working

"I'm just.. Layin' here. Nothin' else really. What're you doin'?" I questioned. Something felt suspicious about her, but I couldn't pin down what.

"Oh, uh, I just got tired after making a specific experiment. It's been taking me weeks to perfect, but I think I'm getting closer to finishing it! I just know it's almost complete!" She sounded.. Really confident. I'm starting to get really curious. What could be just so tiring and taking forever to finish?

"Really? Hm.. Think you can share what it's about? Ya got me thinkin' it's some kinda stuff from a thing I read a while ago! Experi... Somethin'.."

"...Okay? Well, it's kinda like an antidepressant. Like, it actually makes you feel better and happy! I have high hopes for it. I mean, with all the things I've been hearing about this generation, they'll need it."

Antidepressant, huh? I wouldn't say I'm depressed, but, I do need a pep in my step right now.. Maybe I could help 'er out a bit! Like a guinea pig of some sort!

"Alright.. Is it some sorta pill?"

"Correct. I didn't exactly perfect making it into a drink, nor something to inject, so the pills were my best option."

"Alright, alright.. So.. Could I maybe try one?" I'd ask, sitting up so I could look at Test Tube instead if just staring up and having to move my eyes to where she was standing. I could tell my voice was a bit shaky. I dunno why I'm so nervous, I never really get anxious when asking for somethin'.

"You.. But I said they're only close to being done, not that they were! I don't want to possibly risk anything happening to you." She crossed her arms and had a little bit of a stern tone to her voice, like an overprotective mother.

"Please? Have you even tested it on an actual person?"

"Well, no, but-!"

"Just ONE little pill.. Please? I could help you out! Plus, if anything really bad happens, like, I die or whatever you think would happen, you could just recover me! C'mon, Testy! Pleaaaase?"

I could tell she was thinking about my logic and if I were actually right for once. I just sat there, waiting in anticipation until I heard an exasperated sigh

"Fine! But, if anything wrong happens, you're the one to blame. Why do I falter to her so easily?.."

"YES!! Can I get one now? Can I? CAN I?"

"Look, I know it's still sorta early, but I'll get you one tomorrow because right now I am exhausted and I think if I spend another minute in that lab, I will just shatter."

"Yeesh, alright! Ya just had to say no!"

"And yet you'd keep going on and on about "It'll just be a second! C'mon, please, Testy?" and whatnot."

..Alright, that does sound like me

"Okay, ya got me there. So, you'll get me one when you're awake tomorrow?"

"Mhm. As of right now, though, I'm going to rest. I suggest you do too so that you don't stay up all night excited for a prototype of medication I'm not sure that you need with how happy you are already."

I watched her tuck herself in, gettin' all cozy in her bed.

Some of her words stuck with me, though. Do I really need to try that thing? Today probably was just unlucky! Either way, I don't think I should tell Test Tube nevermind since I was just pestering her about it.

Might aswell go to sleep and wait for tomorrow like she suggested, I guess.

(A/N: Woah!!!! I only wrote this in almost two hours with only one tiktok break!!! Crazy!!! i literally had to republish this because the warnings 😞 Anyways 735 words wowie)