He took a deep breath as he settled into his chair, thankful he had a window seat. He put his headphones in, hitting shuffle on his playlist and looked out the window to see the workers doing last minute preparations for take off.

20 minutes later they were in the sky, Daithi settling back for the long flight. It was estimated to be about 8 hours to New York, and he figured he should get a nap. His layover in New York was an hour, which wasn't a lot of time to find his next gate, but at least he didn't have to deal with security.

He dozed in and out, waking briefly as the flight attendant brought drinks. He refused to react as he saw her hand fade in and out of visual, figuring she was some kind of air spirit as they were common on planes.

Non human entities had been around for centuries, and many had been hunted for being different. But 50 years before, someone who the world had trusted for so long had accidentally exposed himself as nereid, and the world started thinking.

This man had been a trusted leader, open, warm, kind, charitable. And he was one of these non human beings, a monster as the world called them. Leaders called for representatives, hundreds of people coming forward from different species.

It took 20 years, but laws were passed, rules enacted, treaties made. They'd had 30 years of peace now, and while there were always those old school assholes, non human beings were accepted for the most part.

They found jobs in the world that they could excel at. Water spirits became lifeguards or swimming instructors. Dryads, druids, and earth spirits helped overturn hunger by growing crops. Vampires became doctors because they could smell illnesses in a person's blood and know exactly how to target it. And more.

Daithi had easily accepted the non human entities, the Supernatural as was their official name. There were loads who didn't, though, and more who were still scared of them. Like Séan, but considering he'd had a friend who'd been killed by a rogue werewolf, he didn't really blame him.

"Good afternoon passengers. We'll be landing in approximately 45 minutes in New York at gate D17. Weather is cloudy, but a steady 78°F or 25°C. Thank you for flying Aer Lingus," the pilot said over the intercom and Daithi sighed, rubbing his forehead.

He sat up properly and started gathering his things, making sure everything was packed back in his bag and it stowed under the seat. He hadn't taken much out, since he'd been sleeping most of the time, but he did have some trash and his notebook out.

45 minutes later they were touching down and Daithi sighed, checking his tickets to double check his next gate. C14, that wasn't too far thankfully. He should be able to make it there if he sped walked, maybe.

They unboarded and Daithi followed the crowd, looking around interested as he tried to find the signs to his next gate. This was a really big airport, and he'd never been to New York before.

He found his gate just as they were boarding to LA, Daithi sighing relieved as he got into line. He didn't like the fact that he hadn't been able to use the bathroom, but he wasn't risking walking away and missing his flight. He'd just have to deal with the airplane toilet, which he didn't really want to do.

He found his seat and sat down, sending a quick text to Séan and his mom to let them know he was on his next flight to LA. He scrolled Instagram for a little until he was told to turn on airplane mode, switching to his music app and putting his headphones back in.

This one was a 6 hour flight, and thankfully his mom had reserved him a hotel room not too far from his new apartment. He wouldn't be getting the keys until the next day, he was due to meet his new landlord Sark(?) at noon.