Broken People Hopeful People

Start from the beginning

"Anything else you want to tell us Abel?" I asked and he shook his head and I look to him a bit then I get up. It must have scared him.

"W-We use a code word." He says and I look at him.

"What is it? and what is it for?" I asked.

"R-Rockingham, it's so we don't shoot our own." He says and I nod and look to Mitch.

"Keep an eye on him, hell beat him up for all I care, just don't kill him... yet." I tell him and he nods as I leave the cellar and see Marlon looking around at the damage.

"This would have never happened." He says and I shake my head.

"Clem, what did you get?" Aasim asked.

"They're on a boat at the river, they would keep prisoners on the second level, Mitch is thinking about building a bomb to blow it up... they don't leave till tomorrow." I tell him as Ruby came up and I put my hands on my hips.

"You think Minerva and Sophie are on that boat?" She asked.

"No idea I doubt it but it could be possible." I say to them.

"Ok... what are we going to do?" Aasim asked and I look to him.

"We have to go scout out the boat, see what exactly we are dealing with how many people and so on, find a way to get on the boat, and get the others back." I tell them and they nod.

"I'll go with you, Ruby can stay here." Aasim says and I look at her and she nods at this and I look to Marlon.

"He's coming but he's going to be tied up." I tell him.

"Got it... anything else?" He asked.

"AJ will come too." I say and he nods at this and we get ready. Mitch came out the cellar and I see his knuckles were red and he looked to me and then came up to me.

"What's going on?" He asked.

"Aasim, AJ, Marlon and I are going to check out the boat, need you to stay here with Ruby and Willy." I tell him and he nods and he heads over to Willy and then I see Aasim. We grabbed Marlon and tied him up as we began to walk to where the boat may be.

"This is stupid you act like I'm going to run." Marlon says.

"With what happened last night be glad you aren't on the boat with them." I mutter as I looked to the dirt path a bit. We reach the end of the river and take some cover in the trees as I see the boat.

"Damn it's huge." Aasim says and I nod and look around.

"I'm going to head over here, see if I can find anything." Aasim says and I nod as he goes to our left and AJ pulled out some binoculars and took a look at the boat.

"There is a path leading up to the boat... but no cover." Marlon says and I take a look and think.

"Shit, nothing to keep cover at all." I say as I look around only to see that the woods was all we could use to keep cover.

"There's a small opening at the boats door." AJ says and he hands me the binoculars and I take a look around.

"I also saw some smaller rafts." Marlon says and I move the binoculars and see the rafts.

"We could use that as a distraction, but it won't get everyone's attention." I say and take the binoculars from my face and take a look to the boat to see some movement. I bring the binoculars back to my eyes and see Lily and another raider with Violet and Louis. They were being taken to a separate section of the boat and I shake my head a bit.

"Violet and Louis look ok; Omar has to be somewhere." I say and hand AJ the binoculars and then I look to see Aasim coming back.

"There is a bunch of horses over there." He says and I nod.