Chapter 6:We find my heritage in a wall

Start from the beginning

When everyone else left I snuck out of my fire cabin and I went to find Kade near the Earth colony.I walked around a little but no sign of him but then I heard someone call my name.

"Alaric" Kade calls.

I turn to the voice and spot Kade near some kind of building.

"What are you waiting for christmas? Come on, you Idiot!"

I jog quietly over there.

"Kade what the hell is this all about?" I ask.

"Look, I heard you can pick locks," He says.

"Yeah and why does that matter?"

"Look I have been wanting to know what has been in this building for years" He gestures to the building beside us."Look I can hack the cameras and digital cameras, while you pick the locks"

"Ok since when can you hack?" I ask.

"For a while, now are you in or not Whiteshadow?"

"I'm In"

Kade immediately pulled out a laptop and started doing the hacking thing-a-thing, I looked at him doing it and did not know his fingers could move like that, from the looks of it he got them all down but then a thing popped up that said "Disable security? Are you sure? Yes or No?."

"Ok Alaric, I'm gonna need you to read me what that says" He tells me.

"What why? Can't you read yourself?" I ask.

"Im Dyslexic dude"

"Your Dyslexic? And why couldn't you tell me this earlier?!" I ask.

"It wasn't relevant," He replies.

"The hell you mean it wasn't relevant- you know what nevermind, it says "Disable security, Are you sure? Yes or No?"

"Which one is the yes button"

"The green one"
Kade clicked and all of sudden all of the cameras and alarm systems went down.

"Wow that worked" I say.

"I Know! Can you pick the lock now?" He asks

I rolled my eyes with a grin, but pulled out a needle and walked to the door of the building Kade followed and crouched with me I put the needle into the lock and picked it, the door cracked open.

"Dude you did it!" Kade exclaimed.

We were both grinning like we had laughing gas from the joker, then we heard a voice from behind us.

"What are you idiots doing?"

Me and kade and Immediately stood up at the same time and bumped into each other's heads.

"Ow! Kade what the hell!?" I say.

"It's not my fault!" He says.

"Yuh uh it is"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yuh Uh!

"Girls, Girls You're both pretty now can yall stop being dummies and explain to me what you were doing" she said.

We turned to the voice confused and saw Amelia standing there with a pocket knife in her hand and a flashlight.

"We're dealing smarties" I said.

"What- Oh yeah definitely" Kade said going along with what I said.

"Yeah no, you guys are trying to break into my dads storage building aren't you?" Amelia Asked

"No"

"Yes"

"Kade!" I yell.

"Look, don't get mad at him, and also I wanna help you guys" She says.

"What why?" I ask confused.

"Because I feel bad for you poor Idiots"

"Ok so, why do we need your help?" Kade asks.

"Because I know my way around here" She replies.

Me and Kade had an eye to eye debate about her helping.

"Dude I trust her, she's our best bet" I say.

"Ok Fine" Kade Says.

"Well come on" She says walking in.

Me and Kade followed her in.The storage place had fancy weapons and artifacts, Kade found a Wind Bow he liked and decided to keep it, Amelia was reading some Journal.I was trying to look for something I could keep, but couldn't find anything.

"Damn I expected more from this place" I say, hitting the wall.

All of sudden a piece of the wall tumbled down, my eyes widened as I looked inside of it. I saw some kind of weird triangle looking safe, so I decided to pull it out. It had the word "άσπρη σκιά" which I'm pretty sure was greek.

"Amelia, Kade, you might wanna take a look at this" I say.

Kade comes running over with the bow attached to his back, Amelia comes over here with a confused look.

"Do any of you guys know what that says?" I ask.

Amelia picks it up and looks at it

"That's greek for Whiteshadow" Amelia replies, confused looking at me.

"Hey what's that thing above the greek writing it looks like a place for a finger" Kade points out.

Amelia looks at me then back at the finger place thing and she has a sparkle in her orange eyes that looks like she has an idea.Out of nowhere she grabs my index finger and puts it there.

"Amelia what the hell-" I got cut off by the glow that the safe started on the safe.

All of sudden the safe opened and a paper rolled up together appeared to be in there, Kade picks it up and opens it.

"The map to The Sword Inferno, the heritage of Whiteshadow by Gabriel Sharphood" Kade says.

Amelia takes the map from Kade and reads.

"Alaric, this is your Sword, your heritage! This map says were to find it!" She exclaims.

"Dude this means a quest!" Kade says happily

I stand there confused and unsure.

"Guys I don't know if I'm ready for a quest or Midas would even let me go" I say.

"Come on Alaric your the heir of the sword, it's your destiny" She says to me.

"But what is the point of me getting it anyway, what would I gain from getting this sword."

"Glory?" Kade says.

"I don't care about Glory." I said.

"Then your Father." Amelia said

"My Father?"

"Yes your Father, maybe he wants you to find the sword or maybe this is a chance to get him to notice you Alaric."

She had a good point, Despite how much I resented my neglectful Father this could me my chance to prove my worth to him, I could regain my honor from him, damn now I sound like season one Zuko.

"Ok fine, how about we start tomorrow night? We get our stuff ready and sneak out"

"Wait me too?" Amelia asks, confused.

"Of course, you're with us now Amelia" I say to her softly.

Amelia looks surprised but then smiles happily like this never happened before.

"Alright Tomorrow"

"A Trio!" Kade exclaims.

"Yes!" Me and Amelia say in synch.

We went our separate ways after that and prepared for tomorrow.