Bitter Meets Sweet

The point of having day off was being able to sleep through the morning with no interruption, to have good dreams, smooth sailing through la-la land.

Today was a certain Levi Ackerman's day off, but sleeping in wasn't in the agenda as it would appear.

"No.. No! Fuck Kenny, I refuse!" The raven inhaled sharply, trying to calm himself, his patience growin thin. "You know what? I kinda wish it was money now!"

"God..stop yelling already! Just last month you're whining about it being money..and now that I found an alternative you still bitch about it! Geez, give an old man a break.."

"You are in no position to demand for a break!" He yelled through the phone. "You decided on this on your own! Without consulting me!! Of course I'm pissed as fuck!"

"..Drama queen."

"Oh hell no! Hell no! You did not just--fuck you! First you interrupt my sleep and then this!? You may be my uncle and you may have raised me but fucking respect the fact that I could've said no to you all the other times that you needed money!"

"Relaaaax, just remember that this one's the last time.."

If anyone could piss Levi off and get away with it(Aside from Hanji), it would be Kenny Ackerman. His uncle.

They were not too close but they were not in bad terms either. Despite Kenny's looks and fuckups through the years, he still managed to raise Levi well. From a stinking naughty brat to a respectable fine man.

"Fuck you, Kenny.."

More or less.

Kenny was never a very good parent but he certainly wasn't the worst. Levi grew up used to it, they rarely have bonding talks, or rather they rarely talk in general. Kenny was a drunkard and a frequent smoker but he had the decency not to do that stuff around Levi back in the day. Levi however, when he was put into Kenny's care, already had his own set of morals and that made things a little easier.

His mother Kuchel had just died of cervical cancer when he was thirteen, she was a single mother. Levi loved her to bits but he never knew his father.

His life had ups and downs, he had very few friends and he never talked much even back as a child.

But if there was anything to brag about Levi, it would be his brains.

He moved through his education with scholarships alone and now he worked as a lawyer, fresh out of college a couple of years back but he quickly made a name for himself.

Everyone admired and feared him.

Nobody can just piss him off and get the fuck away from it.

Yet some people are just an exception.

"I'm telling you Levi, this one's the last and I'll never bug you again!" Curse this man and his debts.

"It better fucking be, old man.." He ground his teeth, seething vehemently.

"It is," Kenny paused. "I promise. But dang.. You used to be so cute--no wait I take it back, you were never cute. Never. I can still feel my scarred bones from your deathly bites.. Damn your mother called you an angel? God, she was so wrong about that.."

"..are we done here, old man?"

"Yup. I'll tell the Yeagers that their son is good to go now. I'll text you when kid arrives so you can pick him up. Be nice."

Levi rolled his eyes. "Since when have I ever been nice?"

"Be civil then."

"No promises." He ended the call with that. Goddammit.