005: UP COME MY FISTS

Start from the beginning

Bodyguard is the last assumption that Hugo should be making, given how Buck and Indiana were all over each other less than five minutes ago. She knows that Hugo can tell who they are to each other, the answers are staring him right in the face, with Indiana's hair in a state of disarray from Buck's hands and Buck's lips still swollen.

Still, Indiana thinks the main reason Hugo is acting oblivious is because he doesn't want to admit that he thinks Indiana is capable of moving on from him. In Hugo's mind, the world starts and ends with him, so Indiana's should, too.

Indiana will be fucking damned.

"Not that it's any of your business, Hugo," Indiana steps forward slightly, hooking her arm through Buck's and tugging him toward her. He steps back with reluctance, coming to her side. "But this is Buck. My boyfriend."

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

"What the hell, Indiana?"

Indiana has a lovely home. She takes pride in the wallpaper in the hallway that she did on her own, from picking the paper to spreading the paste onto the wall. She loves the scent that emits from the scent diffusers in every corner of her home, and she sleeps well at night in her thousand-thread count bed sheets. She loves the burnt orange sofa in her living room, and the eucalyptus plants that sit opposite her, on either side of the television.

However, Indiana isn't sure if her home has ever felt less hers than it does now.

Buck is pacing back and forth on the rug, his feet bare except for the iron man socks that Indiana has pointedly not made a comment about. He's got his hands in his hair, tugging at it every time he gets a little too worked up. If the severity of the situation wasn't weighing her down, Indiana might find the sight entertaining.

Except, nothing about this is entertaining, because Indiana lied to Hugo about something major, and she didn't bother to clear it with Buck before the lie was practically tearing past her lips. This had never been Indiana's plan, and now she had dragged poor, innocent, gorgeous Buck into a messy situation that he didn't consent to being in.

Jesus christ, Indiana really needs to get a grip of herself. Is it overkill to ask Jasmine to muzzle her every time she leaves the house?

Probably.

Indiana ponders the thought all the same.

"Buck," she says, pleading. "You need to understand, I didn't have a choice."

"You didn't have a choice," Buck mimics, almost jokingly. "Indiana, you can't do shit like that without telling me. I'm more than happy to kiss you, but telling that guy I'm your boyfriend? I don't even know your birthday!"

Indiana scoffs, "Hugo doesn't need to know that."

"But he could have asked, and then we'd both have looked like idiots," Buck argues. "Listen, you don't strike me as the type of person who lies for no reason, so I'm waiting to hear your reasoning for that whole situation back at the restaurant."

The thing is, Indiana could lie. It would be ironic, seeing as Buck just told her that she doesn't seem like a liar, so she would have no issues getting him to believe it. She could tell him that Hugo is an old friend who she cut off contact with, or she could say that he was a fling who doesn't know how to take no for an answer.